Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #1
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Alright, enough nonsense is enough.

This topic has evolved into a "look at my colour, I'm pretty" topic...

And Microprose Veteran, cut the sarcasm. I am tired of reading complaints about you in my PM box. Either write what you mean, or don't write anything at all.
Well Tom Henrik, perhaps the problem lies not so much with me but with the complainers. Have you ever stopped to think about that possibility?

Have you ever given it a thought, however remotely, to PM those complainers and tell them to skip my topic instead of clicking on them and become irritated by them?

If I'm such a nuisance, how come you people have not added to my warn level? If you had given me warnings, I would have known not to make new topics again.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 06-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #2
a1s
Hero Gamer

they will if you won't stop. and I personaly enjoy your topics and wouldn't like it if you were baned.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 06-07-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Like I said, I understand the rules and I am trying not to offend people. I am trying to create debate and interesting conversation. If the Admin and Mods don't like my topics they should increase my warn level at the least. I think so at least.

I demand an increase on my warn level! It's still zero (0) percent for your information.
Microprose Veteran is offline                         Send a private message to Microprose Veteran
Old 06-07-2005, 12:44 AM   #4
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
Originally posted by Microprose Veteran@Jul 6 2005, 12:35 AM
Have you ever given it a thought, however remotely, to PM those complainers and tell them to skip my topic instead of clicking on them and become irritated by them?

If I'm such a nuisance, how come you people have not added to my warn level? If you had given me warnings, I would have known not to make new topics again.
1. I have.
But when I get many complaints about the same person, the obvious step to take would be to tell that person to change his or hers behaviour. And I just did. Cut the sarcasm. That is what everyone has complained about.

2. Because you haven't earned an actual warn yet. You have been verbally warned. If you keep irritating people with your behaviour, and refusing to try to change, you will get warn increases.

Thing is, your behaviour isn't serious enough for a percentage warn increase, but it is serious enough that you should stop it.

And now it is bedtime for me.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:45 AM   #5
a1s
Hero Gamer

well if we're giving away free warns, can I have a 10% one? :w00t: please? :w00t: pretty? :w00t: with sugar on top? :w00t: and a cherry? :w00t: and... uh... well you've all played monkey Island II, you know what I want to say...
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 06-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Shure
Old 06-07-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
1. I have.
But when I get many complaints about the same person, the obvious step to take would be to tell that person to change his or hers behaviour. And I just did. Cut the sarcasm. That is what everyone has complained about.

2. Because you haven't earned an actual warn yet. You have been verbally warned. If you keep irritating people with your behaviour, and refusing to try to change, you will get warn increases.

Thing is, your behaviour isn't serious enough for a percentage warn increase, but it is serious enough that you should stop it.

And now it is bedtime for me.*
This is a weak reply, especially coming from a mod, Tom Henrik.

If my topics are enough to cause complaints, it is only fair that I receive an increase in my warn level.

Do you hear me!? I can see you're still hanging around, Tom Henrik. What will it be?

People, I think I've finally found a way to get what I want. It was just a matter of changing the thing that I wanted...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #8
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Quote:
Originally posted by Microprose Veteran@Jul 6 2005, 01:39 AM
Like I said, I understand the rules and I am trying not to offend people. I am trying to create debate and interesting conversation. If the Admin and Mods don't like my topics they should increase my warn level at the least. I think so at least.

I demand an increase on my warn level! It's still zero (0) percent for your information.
I can see 2 reasons why you have no warning yet.

1. Mainly because you post in 3xBlah, and we'r giving some serious slack now on it.
2. You haven't managed to realy PISS SOME OFF yet, just make them annoid.

Sidenote; we'r expanding the Mod-crew on the forum, so we can actualy get back to what our jobs REALY are (or where 2 years ago)...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:52 AM   #9
Microprose Veteran
Abandonia nerd

Not true. You people just don't know how to debate. You are so far removed from actual reality that you just shut down topics when they become interesting. And I wasn't the first to say that.

So. How about a nice increase in my warn level?

Or perhaps you people could mention again how insignificant my topics are. So insignificant in fact, that they keep getting closed. It's alright. It's not that it's pissing me off or whatever.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #10
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Nobody said anything 'bout free warnings. All that was said, was to Microprose Veteran to use a bit more common sense while posting. I've been bothered by his behaviour myself quite a while too. Nothing but nagging and bitching about the admins, which won't improve the situation. He should instead try to keep decent, meaning discussions. Like an old wisdom says: "If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all." That's the main problem. Either he's bashing this or that person/group, or he posts things that more seem like showing off his posts (and his constant textcolours and the likes only increase this feeling... drastically, not to mention that it just is a pain to read them like that), but I haven't seen him actually contribute anything to any discussion lately.

I still remember back in the days when he first was 'round here. He did post fine back then, if I recall correctly, and it seemed like he had alot of promise in you. Too bad he's wasting it like this, as I know there's a good member inside him.
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Closed Thread