Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #11
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oh man I remember the most scary part (for me) was in that level that you started in a room with many columns and if you walked straight ahead you would reach an elevator (open one) which would go down to a relatively open yard with something like a river on the left side, a big platform on the right with some power ups or something, and as soon as you would take those the huge ceiling would collapse, and several big aliens would appear from all sides and from the top firing at you. Great moment and very very scary for me at the time, not for the monsters or anything, I still can't explain it but it had something to do with the design of that part of the level, yes strange.

Another favourite of mine was when you would fight between what felt like factories or something, very nice. Oh, and that one where there were werehouses full of dead people, or more accurately bones of people, excellent.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 22-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I hated that level - it epitomised what annoyed me about Doom after a while. I'd give Doom 2 a 3 as well - it was what Doom wanted to be but it lost the edge and newness that Doom had, and they started to run into the limits of the engine - some of those levels where they were trying to push it exposed the flaws in it in my opinion, though that's probably more true with hindsight than it was at the time.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 25-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #13
Bergamini

I bought the Doom Collector's Edition. Fantastic package, including Ultimate Doom (Doom 1), Doom 2, and Final Doom (Doom 3?).

The only thing that disappointed me was the fact it only runs in older Windows systems. Well, it runs on XP, but with no USB mouse support. For my luck, there are ports like zDoom that allows playing with the mouse.

I wanted to play on original MS-DOS, since it was made for it, but we can't get everything we want... At least I'm happy with the port.
Bergamini is offline                         Send a private message to Bergamini
Old 25-06-2005, 11:23 AM   #14
Kearnsy
Games Master

The first didnt have a secret Wolfenstien Level thought.
Cant remember where itis but is there.
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 25-06-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
Gamefreak

The secret Wolfenstein levels are in Doom 2 and are accessible from one of the levels there. The second secret level is accessible from the first.

Old 02-07-2005, 06:19 PM   #16
DakaSha
Forum hobbit

if you want to see the wolfenstein level use the -warp commandline thingie and go to level 32(i think... could be level 31)
DakaSha is offline                         Send a private message to DakaSha
Old 03-07-2005, 04:53 AM   #17
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Dark Forces (the original) was the best FPS at that time, IMO. It's a shame LA lost it after that.
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 04-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #18
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Dude, I totally agree with you. Doom 2 is great aswell. Doom 3 has incredibly life-like graphics. It's exellent for people who are looking for a shotter with great graphics. You need a pretty top-notch PC to play it though. Hehe, I'm using Win95 (the smart way to go).
Old 15-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #19

Anyone here ever go to the following websites?

www.doomworld.com
www.zdoom.org

They have Source Ports which can do all sorts of cool things. DOOM is still very popular. Also, there are many many more levels than just those 32 in DOOM 2.

Old 15-07-2005, 12:25 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally posted by DakaSha@Jul 2 2005, 06:19 PM
if you want to see the wolfenstein level use the -warp commandline thingie and go to level 32(i think... could be level 31)
Wolfenstein is level 31 and Grosse is level 32

These levels are not in the German version due to the Nazi Symbols and the SS Guards.