Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: What do u think about communist
1.hate them 8 25.81%
2.don`t care 16 51.61%
3.whats a communist 0 0%
4.I am a communist 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2004, 07:40 PM   #51
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Dec 8 2004, 08:31 PM
and it acctually didn't - China is still a communist country and the fastest developing country in the world!!!
It also isn't exactly the original communism anymore and they've made a few concessions to capitalism. And for how long will it stay communist? Many analysts agree the Communist Party won't stay in power for much longer.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #52
Bankrupt

7 communist hmmmmmm not bad I hoped 4 more
Bankrupt is offline                         Send a private message to Bankrupt
Old 08-12-2004, 08:53 PM   #53
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bankrupt@Dec 8 2004, 09:39 PM
7 communist hmmmmmm not bad I hoped 4 more
Why?
Planning on overthrowing a government soon?
Old 08-12-2004, 08:55 PM   #54
Bankrupt

yeah taking down Bush and Bondevik motsly Bondevik (not simple killing the president)
Bankrupt is offline                         Send a private message to Bankrupt
Old 08-12-2004, 08:57 PM   #55
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Bankrupt@Dec 8 2004, 09:55 PM
yeah taking down Bush and Bondevik motsly Bondevik (not simply killing the president)
You'll need more than 11 people to overthrow the government.
You couldn't overthrow a fridge with 11 people.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 PM   #56
Fruit Pie Jones
Now 50% Descriptivist!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos+Dec 8 2004, 02:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sebatianos @ Dec 8 2004, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>NO!
That's been done and it didn't work (but shouldn't have been tried at all).
The real reason communism collapsed (and it acctually didn't - China is still a communist country and the fastest developing country in the world!!!) was the incapability of the leaders.[/b]

Ah, China! Now there's a society that values its citizens. They're a perfect example of why communism will not ever work on a large scale over a long term, and in fact cannot work that way: because its basic tenets run counter to the human spirit. Very rare is the individual born with the dream of being no more than a small cog in a large wheel, and that is exactly what you are under a communist system. To get people to think that way, you have to convince them that it is right - with the stock of a rifle (I can't say b-u-t-t?), for example, or the threat of violence against their families.

<!--QuoteBegin-Sebatianos
@Dec 8 2004, 02:31 PM
BTW - the theory of communisem never said it should have a dictator leading the country!!![/quote]
That's another thing: Everyone's supposed to be equally insignificant under communism, if I understand it correctly. So what's to hold the whole thing together? As soon as someone assumes a position of authority, well, they're not exactly equal to everyone else anymore, are they? Then the proles aren't working for the entire society so much as they are for the guy holding the whip. Just like that, you've got a dictatorship. It is an inevitable consequence of such a system.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:43 PM   #57
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@Dec 8 2004, 10:39 PM
(I can't say b-u-t-t?)
This censoring thing is getting silly. Sure, some words should be filtered (like f**k or c**t and other "strong" swear words) but no one is going to be offended by b-utt or c-rap or anything, and it just gets in the way.
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 08-12-2004, 09:54 PM   #58
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Fruit Pie Jones@Dec 9 2004, 12:39 AM
Very rare is the individual born with the dream of being no more than a small cog in a large wheel,
But isn't that exactly what the church is teaching?
You're just a cog in the machinery set by God?

And where did you get the idea that people under the communist regime should be insignificant? They were always the main focus - communism was created to help people live a better life (it didn't work) - but then again - democracy is said to give the right of voice to anyone - can you really change anything with your little voice??? Is the individual taken care of in democracy?
In communism (the one we had in ex-Yu) you knew that at the age of 7 you'll go to school, when you finished elementary school you could enter any high school and later on any university (you just needed to be a good enough student) and it was all for free. You knew that after you finished your education you will get a job and will have social security. You didn't worry about a place to live, because if there weren't enough the state built them. You didn't have to worry about the medical care because you just neede to show up at the doctor's office with an ID and you got taken care off (not emergency only). Does that sound like insignificancy to you? Does your system take such good care off you?

@Stroggy - I couldn't answer sooner - who said that a political system (no matter what's it called) should not addopt. The system in China is an adoptation of communism - if it doesn't addopt it will have to die (like all things in life).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 09-12-2004, 02:48 PM   #59
VegaB0nd

uh, dont relly care... the system is decent and understandable, but i dont care
VegaB0nd is offline                         Send a private message to VegaB0nd
Old 09-12-2004, 06:12 PM   #60
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
So what's to hold the whole thing together?
Tito

Anyway the idea of communism i know was that you actually voted. not for party but for person. everyone HAD to participate in decision making proces. and everony had to do something in their own environment (county). which made ift very efficient from pushing areas wiped out from ww2 and farming land into good economies. The problem was someone got greedy and wanted to get all the money without actually working to get it. so certain countries decided to leave such a system.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor