Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I didn't even know about that cheat... So sorry, but I can't help you there. I only read about it now. Maybe you shouldn't go to close to the mirror?
Let us know if you figure it out - please!
Oh - and I don't know about an amiga version of the game, but you can also try to get the C64 version. It's the same game, but with slightly worse graphics.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-01-2005, 09:19 AM   #22
Wanderer

DEar SEbastianos

I tried a lot of times to type three times the . key and the same number the _ key and again three times the . key (the S.O.S. code in morse). There are many websites where you can find the same instructions to cheat Weird dreams, but I can't use it!!!! It's very sad to begin again the game when I killed the girl with the soccer ball!!!! I don't know if this cheat works only with amiga or c64 version, but it seems that with the dos version it couldn't. There's also a website with an image of the mirros room where it's expalined the right position to obtain the cheat but still I can't get it also less or more close to the right mirror!!!!
A question: what's the level you reached in Weird Dreams without the cheat? It's almost impossible to pass the desert level or the park level....gameplay is very frustrating but the concept is brilliant. I hope some software house could create a new 3d version of this crazy game with new levels and graphics....
Take it easy

Old 19-04-2005, 09:32 AM   #23
Sajets

I'd like to get the the screenshot of that scene where that girl attacks you with a knife. So if anyone of you could do that and send it to me (will post my email later) i'd appreciate it very much.

I can't play it on my work comp and at home i just don't have time for games these days but that girl is stuck inside my head since i last played it 10 years ago

Cheers in advance

Old 19-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well to answer your question. I have finished the game both on C64 and Amiga, but the dos version seems to be the thoughest!
I was able to finish the deasert level though (you can also use the ctrl+F11) to slow the game down - if playing in dosbox.
I have completed about 65% of the dos version - I haven't finished it (the cheat didn't work for me either), although it's been 8 years since I played the game. I did review this one and contribute the game - but I didn't really feel like replaying it again except for the testing reasons.
I have seen many reviews, wlakthroughs, cheats, hints,... for this game, but they all seem to be more or less taken from the same source and aren't really helpful.

so the best advice is - play it over and over again - until you finish it. The bigger the frustration when getting killed - the biggere the joy of finally finishing the game. Trust me - it's nover as gratifying to win the game by cheating - there's just an empty feeling of seeing the entire game - but not of actually winning. Because if you can't lose - you can't really win either.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 05-05-2005, 09:10 PM   #25
hessekopp
Abandonia nerd

cool game! it will make you crrrazy
hessekopp is offline                         Send a private message to hessekopp
Old 31-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #26
Guest_guest

This was one of the first games I ever got on the Amiga.
Its not something to play for weeks now, but for a day or so, its fine to play such an old classic.
However, does anyone know what the music piece from the garden scene is called, its must be something well known, I hear it on TV all the time, but never found out whats it called.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #27
Reverend Bizarre

Here's how to make the cheat work:

In the mirror room position yourself so that you're halfway inside the right mirror (the one leading to flower garden).
Then tap with the "+" key 3*short, 3*long, 3*short. Your lifebar should change to infinity. If this doesn't work then just tap + randomly until it does.

When the code is on you can turn it off by pressing + in the mirror room.
If you press it somewhere else than mirror room, you skip to the next screen.
You can also enter the "out of order" mirrors now.

Reverend Bizarre is offline                         Send a private message to Reverend Bizarre
Old 14-11-2005, 11:06 AM   #28
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Weird....really weird. :crazy:
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 15-11-2005, 04:35 AM   #29
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

Wow. What a freaking awesome game. Like playing some kind of surreal nightmare. Great, great atmosphere. The exploding head is a little disturbing even.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 25-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #30
T-Jack

Really great game. I wonder if it's creator made this game based on HIS dreams...