Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > The ISO Cellar
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #21
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Any kind of links to the Pirate Bay should be avoided at any cost, until I have had a chance to discuss such links in detail with Kosta.

Pirate Bay is an outright warez site - which not only offer sold games for free download, but also ridicules gaming companies on their homepage. The very same companies I have worked hard to create a good relationship with.

However, you may supply direct ED2K links (as mentioned above).
Old 11-01-2007, 11:40 AM   #22
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I would guess TPB is far from ok. Sure, they offer torrents only and not the software, but if AB want trouble with ESA, I'd say linking TPB is a safe bet.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:34 AM   #23
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

Tom, can you check on the status of these:

CyberGladiators
Clandestiny

I'm guessing they're not ok. But if they're ok, I'll add them later.

Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 12-01-2007, 04:56 AM   #24
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jan 11 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]274336[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I would guess TPB is far from ok. Sure, they offer torrents only and not the software, but if AB want trouble with ESA, I'd say linking TPB is a safe bet.
[/b]
That may very well be, but Tom says no so I won't... Yet.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Jan 12 2007, 05:56 AM) [snapback]274447[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jan 11 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]274336[/snapback]
Quote:
[/b]
That may very well be, but Tom says no so I won't... Yet.
[/b][/quote]

I think I basically said the same thing as Tom If AB wants trouble, which it doesn't, then linking up TPB is a sure way of getting in that trouble. So, no links means no trouble
Old 13-01-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Also, all content put up on the site is now legal. As they have bought Sealand and are hosting the site from there.

I don't this thread to turn into a huge discussion about this, but if it does let's make a new thread.
Old 13-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #27
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gargantuan Orangutan @ Jan 12 2007, 05:34 AM) [snapback]274445[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Tom, can you check on the status of these:

CyberGladiators
Clandestiny

I'm guessing they're not ok. But if they're ok, I'll add them later.
[/b]
CyberGladiators would be a huge nono. Made by Sierra On-Line in 1996, that game is far from abandonware. Same goes for Clandestiny - a 1996 Electronic Arts game.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #28
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

As impossible as it may be, I would really like to see an upload for Crystal Hammer with the CDA tracks. You can find more information about it here.

Gargantuan Orangutan is offline                         Send a private message to Gargantuan Orangutan
Old 04-02-2007, 01:25 AM   #29
Gargantuan Orangutan
Super Freak

Tom... you may want to recheck the Sold status of Sophie's World.
Old 14-02-2007, 05:46 AM   #30
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Duss T. @ Jan 13 2007, 03:49 AM) [snapback]274677[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Also, all content put up on the site is now legal. As they have bought Sealand and are hosting the site from there.

I don't this thread to turn into a huge discussion about this, but if it does let's make a new thread.
[/b]
Sorry for the direct reply, but that is pure BS.

http://buysealand.com/

That's the link to the project.
They need about 2.000.000 US$. Right NOW they have 20.000'ish.

The site ITSELF is 100% Legal under Swedish laws. As the site is based in Sweden, that's the laws they obey.
When you CLICK the links, it links you to a .torrent-file that is based on the server.
The .torrent-file contains the adress to a "swarm" that in turn contains the ILLIGAL or LEGAL information beeing exchanged.
By this stage, you've left TPB's servers, and you'r activly part of the swarm wherever it's originating (seeds located).

Once again, sorry, but stating something as trouth WITHOUT backing it up with FACTS is NOT acceptable.