Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forum Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #101
pc_cheater

I still feel like a winner. I stored lot of new knowledge about gaming history.

It was fun & tough.
pc_cheater is offline                         Send a private message to pc_cheater
Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #102
ThemePark

Well, I am glad to see I didn't fall for many of those traps. It pays off to do some thorough research. If you looked at Wikipedia, you'd actually see all the jobs listed that that guy had. I'm especially glad I didn't go with DK3 at first, but kept researching, so no trap there for me. And seeing as I haven't played most of the games from the screenshot part, no wonder I didn't recognize them.

hydr0x:
Yeah, I immediately thought of Barbie as well. Didn't seem to make sense though, so I gave up on answering that one.

Guderheinz:
I was able to find a video of that map of Duke Nukem 3D, so I didn't have to play it. I did however play through Beneath A Steel Sky to get that answer. And yeah, I also hope eyeballs is accepted, but I don't see why it shouldn't.

Capo:
Yeah, initially I was going to go with Blanka as well, as I clearly remember getting through most of the game with no problems, using Blanka. But then I looked through the thread, and many people actually mentioned Dhalsim being unfair.

Anyway, this was a fun little quiz, and it proved to be quite challenging for the last half.
ThemePark is offline                         Send a private message to ThemePark
Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #103
The Bard
Abandonia Bard

I really thought white, red gloves, fantastic was Ryu from Street Fighter. But if 5 ppl had over 90, then I know I didn't win, so meh...
Old 06-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #104
fjj
Forum hobbit

The plastic girl was mind-boggling!

I actually came to the idea that "boy" must be in the title and searched for such titles. Of the few results, Paperboy caught my eye, but somehow I couldn't fit in the plastic environmentalist.

I abandoned that path and focused instead on plastic. At first I thought about variants of fake, virtual, but then the idea: if you imagine something plastically, it's like you could almost feel the shape - hence 3D must be in the title! So wrong...

Great contest. I loved the fact that questions were of various types, especially the cryptograms were awesome.
fjj is offline                         Send a private message to fjj
Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #105
Guderheinz
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemePark View Post

Guderheinz:
I was able to find a video of that map of Duke Nukem 3D, so I didn't have to play it. I did however play through Beneath A Steel Sky to get that answer. And yeah, I also hope eyeballs is accepted, but I don't see why it shouldn't.
Well, I didn't try looking for videos, BUT I on the other hand found the answer to the Beneath a Steel Sky question from Wiki. Figured playing through an adventure game would be a bit too much (i never played it before and don't know when that part with the robot comes in).
Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 PM   #106
Ralackk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
I really thought white, red gloves, fantastic was Ryu from Street Fighter. But if 5 ppl had over 90, then I know I didn't win, so meh...
I came to the same conclusion as well. It's a perfectly acceptable answer given the 3 words.

I also had Conker for furry, psychotic, grinning. Sam definatly fits the description also.

I think i got about 65-70 questions right so didn't win anyway but it was definalty fun.
Ralackk is offline                         Send a private message to Ralackk
Old 06-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #107
mendicant
Lurker

Wow, I didn't do as badly as a I thought! I'm well chuffed. Still failed on the picture round though. Excellent quiz! If you ever need a hand red_avatar, give me a yell. It was great fun.
mendicant is offline                         Send a private message to mendicant
Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #108
Arteveld

Dang, i sent my answers after 2 days of brain-boiling thinking, and on the next day, while driving to work, with the window open, Paperboy suddenly hit my mind, and boy, was as mad.

About the red gloves, i thought about Ryu too, mainly due to the new SF4 game, but then i decided to check the other SF games and red gloves were not there. I've played the Dizzy games back on my C-64 with a monochrome monitor, for me, he had green gloves, and a green shell, good thing i deciced to check out how they looked on a PC [a few cool remakes came out].

If i was mean, i'd ask about "mask, aligator, puma, molotov coctail", and see how many people had the misfortune of playing the horrid PC versions of The Last Ninja 2.

I'm surprised i didn't do that bad, and if my math is correct, i could be in the lucky 5!:woot2:
Arteveld is offline                         Send a private message to Arteveld
Old 06-07-2009, 11:31 PM   #109
HailToNietzsche
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderheinz View Post
Also, I hope that you accept "eyeballs" as an answer for the question about the navigator's necklace in Monkey Island. Not that the one point will do much of a difference, but still...
I did the same 'mistake' (among others), but I'm sure that "eyeballs" was accepted too...

I really doubt, that I'm one of the lucky winner. :laugh: Abandoniacs are just far better than an ordinary nostalgic person such as myself could be. Nevertheless, I think that I've got no reason to feel embarrassed. So thanks for the great and challenging contest! :thumbs:

But HONOUR TO WHOM HONOUR IS DUE!
HailToNietzsche is offline                         Send a private message to HailToNietzsche
Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #110
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderheinz View Post
I myself downloaded the shareware version of Duke Nukem 3d and played through to the second level just to get that answer right. I wouldn't be surprised if many other contestants did the same.

Also, I hope that you accept "eyeballs" as an answer for the question about the navigator's necklace in Monkey Island. Not that the one point will do much of a difference, but still...
Hehe, I never played Duke Nukem 3d, so I went to youtube and some people had clips of them playing second level :laugh:

I also wrote eyeballs, btw.

I'm proud that I did all anagrams correct - that was some brain excersise. With the first one, I figured out 'The Rise of' part and then went to wikipedia but all the others I got on my own.

I'm less proud with the fact that the only other section that I gave all correct answers was section 3 - I really knew only one answer 3.9 and googled all the others.

And I feel lucky that only two answers I decided to have a guess proved to be correct 1.2 though I knew it wasn't Warcraft II or Tomb Raider, so it made guessing easier and 1.10 where I never played Street Fighter II and no obvious answer would come from googling.

But screenshots killed me. There were even a few familiar, but I couldn't figure out where from...

All in all great competition and heaps of fun.