Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #81
Guest_eolsunder

MMm ellingers tower. I believe once you enter the tower there is a mirror that asks you a question, something about "your lord told you to kill a barbarian bandit, you fought him he dropped his sword, do you wait for him to pick it up, or slay him, etc"

Answering different gets you into other sections. I answered slay him and got into the top section, probably answering "let him pick up his sword" gets you into the south section. Im guessing you can only do either or, not both.

World of Xeen is 2 parts, actually

Might and magic 4, clouds of xeen and
Might and magic 5, darkside of xeen

The only problems in the game are what some other poster said, going into TIPS in a bar will crash the game. Also I ran into only 1 other crash, when I was in darkside, journed/recalled to a place in clouds, then town portaled to rivercity, i crashed.

Also, a bug in the game, any item other than armor that is made up of material (like medals, amulets) does not give AC bonus's, thus are worthless to wear.

Example. A Obsidian medal. Obsidian on armor gives +20 ac, obsidian on a medal gives... nothing. Thus a steel medal and a obsidian medal both do absolutely nothing. I found this out sadly half way through the game.

I LOVE THIS GAME! LOL man Might and magic was one of my early all time favorite RPG games, now i get to play it again.

Old 06-07-2005, 09:58 PM   #82
mupton
Cool

Thank you for uploading this wonderful game. It was really the game that got me into the rpg genre. BTW, if anyone knows the password to the console on the bottom level of the dungeon of death, please post it. Also I never figured out what the traders were transporting between the elements on the skyway. I think those are the only puzzles I never solved.

Here are a few tips for anyone newer to the game.

Archers and paladins are just as effective as their sorcerer and cleric counterparts, just with half the spell points, but they are much better fighters.

Age permanently affects attributes, so use wells and spells to restore health and sp instead of resting whenever possible. Your autonotes records every fountain you come across with the attribute it enhances.

Druids are nearly worthless imho. Choose a class that can cast the better spells. Rangers are fine if you need a jack-of-all-trades though.

Beware of sky golems. I used to have nightmares about them untill I was a higher level.

Thanks again for this great game. :Brain:

Old 10-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #83
Overwhelming

Hi! I'm having problems to play this game. When I talk to someone, when I press the button to go back to game, the game freezes. Anyone has/had this problem? Solutions anyone?
Overwhelming is offline                         Send a private message to Overwhelming
Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #84
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Overwhelming@Jul 10 2005, 01:20 AM
Hi! I'm having problems to play this game. When I talk to someone, when I press the button to go back to game, the game freezes. Anyone has/had this problem? Solutions anyone?
Yeah. If you're using DosBox, you should try different settings for sound effects and music (like two different sound cards). It worked for me after a little fumbling.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 10-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #85
Overwhelming

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Jul 10 2005, 11:08 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Jul 10 2005, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Overwhelming@Jul 10 2005, 01:20 AM
Yeah. If you're using DosBox, you should try different settings for sound effects and music (like two different sound cards). It worked for me after a little fumbling.
[/b][/quote]
Thanks, that solved the problem.

BTW, i've solved the first quest, and have about 6000 experience points. In my stats, it says I'm eligible (to level up). How do I level up?
Overwhelming is offline                         Send a private message to Overwhelming
Old 11-07-2005, 05:23 AM   #86
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Overwhelming@Jul 10 2005, 04:51 PM
How do I level up?
In every town you can find training grounds (just like there are taverns and shops and guilds) where you can level up for money (and time, each stay in the training grounds lasts one week). Be aware though, that each town can only raise you to a max level. In the first town it's level 10. So you have to find new towns as you progress, otherwise you can't level up anymore.
Lonely Vazdru is offline                         Send a private message to Lonely Vazdru
Old 11-07-2005, 06:03 AM   #87
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

This system is a lot like Pokémon (the Gameboy game). At the start your Pokémon can only get to level 20. If they get higher, they disobey you. This is why you should have multippple Pokémon at your side instad of the one. To let them grow igher you must get Gym badges, in each city until you have eight. Once you have them all Pokémon up to level 500 will obey you. Even though it only goes up to 200.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #88
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I finished all the dwarven mine levels(1-5), and i found the word that probably leads to the dwarven king.But the cart won't move
The word i found was aipha.
Could you guys tell me what word have you used to reach him?
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 11-07-2005, 02:05 PM   #89
Overwhelming

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Jul 11 2005, 05:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Jul 11 2005, 05:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Overwhelming@Jul 10 2005, 04:51 PM
How do I level up?
In every town you can find training grounds (just like there are taverns and shops and guilds) where you can level up for money (and time, each stay in the training grounds lasts one week). Be aware though, that each town can only raise you to a max level. In the first town it's level 10. So you have to find new towns as you progress, otherwise you can't level up anymore. [/b][/quote]
Thanks! k:
Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #90
Lonely Vazdru
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Omuletzu@Jul 11 2005, 01:27 PM
The word i found was aipha.
Could you guys tell me what word have you used to reach him?
Alpha. :bye: