Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

You all know ejay software, right?

Is there any programs as simple as that (or close to that), that will allowe someone to compose music other than rave/techno/hip hop? Perhaps orchestral (sp?) music?
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #2
omg
Games Master

philharmonik
can be used as a standalone, which i guess in there mind justifys the price tag. altho on the same site check out sampletank, which you can get in a more orchestral flavour. either that or sample cds and a budget version of acid maybe.
omg is offline                         Send a private message to omg
Old 11-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #3
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thanks.
$599.....ouch, a bit too expensive for my pockets.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 12-01-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
omg
Games Master

then a good sample cd and a cheap audio sequancer. u can get a version of emagic around that allows up to 8 audio tracks for like 10 - 20 quid. or there should be a version of acid around for like 80 - 100 and i personally recomend acid for dealing with audio due to the way it auto timestretches. however i havnt been following them scince they went from sonic foundry to sony, the latest versions are becoming a bit jack of all trades and i always liked it becuase it was a pure audio sequencer. so i use an *abandoned* version of it i suppose. having said that using the old version of it means i can get 40 tracks of audio running on a gig machine no problem, the modern versions though i cant get anywhere near that if i want it to work.
oh yeah and sample cds start from around 20 quid but for a good quality orchestral one expectt to pay something in the region of 60 quid.

or just go out mugging untill you raise 600 bucks...
Old 13-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Hmm, what about programs like Music Maker Deluxe 11 from Magix? (there is a demo there but I am not sure what to make of it yet)
It is cheap 29.99 from Amazon and it comes with 2500 samples.

Kompakt looked very nice but it is 150+ so that is off my league.

I think I saw Acid Pro once some time ago and I found myself just looking at it having no idea what to do next LOL.

Old 14-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #6
omg
Games Master

i havnt checked out the latest version of music maker but i had an older version of it and i was very impressed. it uses logics core without the enviroment level and the fact is most people dont actually need the enviroment. as a next step from the horrific ejay i reckon you could do worst.
Old 16-01-2006, 04:50 AM   #7
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Do you know in simple terms what is the difference between music maker and music studio? I have looked and looked but I can't figure it out.
Old 16-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #8
omg
Games Master

i thnik music maker has 8 audio tracks, up to 6 virtual instruments. and tons of midi tracks. music studio is like a 12 track audio multitracker or something. you have to start knowing about your sound card config as well. check on there site as to what the latest versions are compatable with.
Old 17-01-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

At first I thought you were talking about editing music. Yeah, the only one I've heardof is eJay.
Old 17-01-2006, 07:56 AM   #10
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

I am also considering Sonar, Cubase SE, Fruityloops. So many choices, so little time, so small budget for the year.