Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Invalid Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2005, 11:25 AM   #1
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Default Perihelion [NON-PC]

Not a single mention about this game on this site, so I figured I'd ask. Does anyone know the game? Has it been released for PC at all?

From what I recall it was an RPG set in a strange apocalyptic fantasy world. Character generation was very complex, graphics were pretty dark and it had a morbid feel to it. I think it used the AD&D ruleset, so probably was made by SSI. I had it for my Amiga, but something was wrong with it, so I never got far in the game.

EDIT: I found the release information for the Amiga version: 1993 Psygnosis / Morbid Dreams
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 30-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Wael
Hero Gamer

Most likely it was only for amiga /-
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 30-01-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Seems you were right, it was Amiga-only. But I was lucky and stumbled upon the homepage of the game's artwork designer and among lots of other stuff he got a free download of the full game there!

If anyone is interested, follow this link http://www.edvardtoth.com/ and then go to Perihelion under "projects".

It comes in a .zip file including an emulator, so all you have to do it unpack it and run. I urge everyone who is into oldschool RPGs to give this one a try, it is truly different!
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact