Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #71
troop18546
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Oct 8 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]260146[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Really? Because I quite like Contracts...
[/b]
It's really great I have to say. Contracts has a lot of cool stuff, graphics and the soundtrack kicks...
troop18546 is offline                         Send a private message to troop18546
Old 09-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #72
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Treewyrm @ Oct 9 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]260290[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I will not agree with Haegemonia though. Like many Sci-fi space strategies out there this one is slow as well. However I like it that way, makes sense since space is vast and even if you shrink it a lot still travelling takes time and lot of time, which is why they're slow. Oh and you should know that Haegemonia have different speed settings, you can completely freeze time or make it go really fast so that your ships will travel amost lightspeeds.
[/b]
Haegemonia only does what Homeworld does and less, you can get the original HM and still get more play out of it.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 09-10-2006, 06:57 PM   #73
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Oct 9 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]260299[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Haegemonia only does what Homeworld does and less, you can get the original HM and still get more play out of it.
[/b]
Not really. I had fun playing both of them. Do you think that only original games should exist and be played? There would be very few games at all. Sometimes clones do have interesting features in their attempt (most of the time futile but that's another story) to become better than original game that they try to copy. And if I had not enough of Homeworld why not to play something similar, right? That's where this game come up and it does well. That's how I discovered very intersting games despite that they were said to be "just a clone of game N".
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm
Old 09-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #74
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No, I only wish they'd be more original, I had fun with Nox despite that it was a Diablo knock-off, Haegemonia on the other hand, had stuff missing that made it too hard for the average gamer to navigate its weird interface.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 09-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #75
chainsoar
Master Debater

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Radbod @ Oct 7 2006, 12:35 PM) [snapback]259923[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
5. Commander Keen
Yes I hate it, honestly.
[/b]
That's just not allowed. NO. Commander Keen will zap you. Damn heathen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 10-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #76
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Dude, he's right, CK is not a good game at all...I have had no fun playing it.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:46 AM   #77
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's because it's one damned old game, I played it in the early 90s and back then it was tight.

My Site -
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 AM   #78
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Hmm...what did it have to offer that was new?
Old 10-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #79
velik_m
Game Wizzard

smooth scrolling on pc.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #80
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Oct 8 2006, 07:47 PM) [snapback]260136[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Talking about stupid? After beating Hitman CN 47, and re-playing it it stands out like Boy George at a Klan rally (yes, you are absolutely right): The AI is non-existent to such a degree it becomes a laughing riot. "Hmmm, who's that whitey awfully mis-disguised as my pal", thought the Chinese guy, "sneaking up towards me face to face, then sneaking around me? I wonder if he's in a playful mood"... The missing driver noone gives a rats donkey about, dialogues designed for one particular line of events failing when you play along a different one... the extremly ill-conceived idea that this top notch hitman is utterly unable to climb a 5 inch ledge... The Chinese Words of Wisdom that would make Winnie the Poo gawk in disbelief... The "fact" that noone is capable of carrying in their pockets a bullet without also having the weapon. Then of course there is the plot, or lack of such. What connects the scenarios? A mentioning that the bad guys were mercenaries is not extactly a strong-as-steel connection. And finally it all collapses into the absurd; finally waving the "plot" bye-bye.
[/b]
Well it has the plot. the badguys you are killing are actually your biological fathers, while the last one is the "genious" behind your creation. but otherwise you are quite right.
plus once you figure out the missions they are extremely easy. hitman 1 had some huge levels but nothing much of them was useful. in fact oyu probably didnt' even see most of the level. not to mention the odd mission in Columbia where you had large choice of weaponary at disposal but you could actually only take ak-47, cause with other weapons they would notice you are not one of them.

oh and what's with that rotterdam nuke mission?!?! i mean you can't pass the guards even in uniform. and that happens with the uniform that should offer the most disguise of them all since it includes a gas mask. DUH!

and what's with the training area? it has a good shooting range but that's about it.

i must say i was a bit dissapointed by the series, still you can at least do some unnecessary killing. especially in the Budapest hotel.
as for the contracts, yes the options you have are better, the graphics is better but leveles are mostly same or similar. still not too bad. but again, what's with the weird training area? you never knwo when you finished the training.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor