Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #21
Danny252
I have a custom title!

It looks like one of those linux images... or maybe Mac.. too smooth.

It had best have win98 themes.

And those tabs really do look ugly...

Melikey Mozzie Firriefo'.
Old 18-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #22
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

my new comp would own this vist thingy but, what makes it so special?
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 18-01-2006, 10:28 PM   #23
Danny252
I have a custom title!

its the new windows? LOL
Old 19-01-2006, 03:14 AM   #24
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@Jan 17 2006, 09:53 PM

You did not really take my rant serious, did you?
I mean, of course I know Microsoft would never take out IE. Why should they anyway? (Besides the reasons you gave.)

I just tried to say "IE sucks, the only improvement would removement"

But actually, after seeing how much IE actually sucks, and seeing how much they changed it for IE7, I guess they're taking one big step to Firefox/Opera.
I suffer from a form of compulsive pedantism that will sometimes map sarcasm to "dangerous ignorance that desperately needs to be removed by education". As a result, I can be catapulted into a fit of typing up posts of information that my peers seem to be lacking. Nuclear safety is another topic that will elicit voluminous amounts of information from me. Other topics sure to get a lot of text from me involve electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution, or posts by secular humanists that boil down to them being shocked and disappointed by the pope being a catholic.

Quote:
Stebbi, I would doublecheck the EULA before making any such statements (at least this outburst is short).
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 19-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #25
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell+Jan 19 2006, 04:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rlbell @ Jan 19 2006, 04:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Don Andy@Jan 17 2006, 09:53 PM

You did not really take my rant serious, did you?
I mean, of course I know Microsoft would never take out IE. Why should they anyway? (Besides the reasons you gave.)

I just tried to say "IE sucks, the only improvement would removement"

But actually, after seeing how much IE actually sucks, and seeing how much they changed it for IE7, I guess they're taking one big step to Firefox/Opera.
I suffer from a form of compulsive pedantism that will sometimes map sarcasm to "dangerous ignorance that desperately needs to be removed by education". As a result, I can be catapulted into a fit of typing up posts of information that my peers seem to be lacking. Nuclear safety is another topic that will elicit voluminous amounts of information from me. Other topics sure to get a lot of text from me involve electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution, or posts by secular humanists that boil down to them being shocked and disappointed by the pope being a catholic.

Quote:
Stebbi, I would doublecheck the EULA before making any such statements (at least this outburst is short). [/b][/quote]
Well, OK, then, there wasn't any lack of information for me to be filled, but I'm glad somebody did anyway

And sarcasm is often misunderstood over the Inet, it's hard to display anyway. And since some people don't even know the difference between sarcasm and "dangerous ignorance that desperately needs to be removed by education"....
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 19-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #26
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell+Jan 19 2006, 02:14 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rlbell @ Jan 19 2006, 02:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Don Andy@Jan 17 2006, 09:53 PM
I guess they're taking one big step to Firefox/Opera.
[/b][/quote]
While we're on the topic of Opera :P

It is free. I tried it today. I don't really like it.
Old 19-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #27
swiss
who's not Swiss

Quote:
Originally posted by efthimios@Jan 17 2006, 04:50 PM
Asta la vista baby.
isn't that Hasta la vista?

anyway. I think it looks just like ripps of other spectacular OSes like Mac OS X and some Linux thingys. Windows will never be what it was once the 95 Version released.

And thinking of "oh no direct x9 is no longer supported" I really do not have any urges to get Vista ... the only prob is that I am going to have a new computer one day and there will be Vista preinstalled ... maybe then I check it out ...
swiss is offline                         Send a private message to swiss
Old 19-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #28
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell@Jan 19 2006, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Stebbi, I would doublecheck the EULA before making any such statements (at least this outburst is short).
..........what?
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 19-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #29
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by rlbell@Jan 19 2006, 06:14 AM
...or posts by secular humanists that boil down to them being shocked and disappointed by the pope being a catholic.
Oh man, LMAO here...

But seriously. Vista will be the same but newer. There will be benefits from using it, and many, many downsides as well, most notably the price. But, as Microsoft has an unprecented talent for running a good marketing campaign, they'll undoubtebly succeed in making Vista a succes. They strike the deals with Dell, HP and other PC retailers, not to mention that their excellent educational licensing (i.e. practically giving the stuff away to any educational facility) gives them a vast userbase.
Power-users know there's more fish in the sea, but most people couldn't care less about their OS, as long as they can email, play a game or two and download Pr0n, they're happy.

JM0.02$
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 19-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #30
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by Stebbi+Jan 19 2006, 09:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stebbi @ Jan 19 2006, 09:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rlbell@Jan 19 2006, 04:14 AM
Quote:
..........what? [/b][/quote]
In order to prevent you from disabling the features that will be built in to keep you from making illegal copies of copyright protected material, it will be necessary for Windows Vista to own your computer. The EULA is the acronym for the End User Licensing Agreement which is where you, the end user, agrees to give up as many of your rights that Microsoft can legally get you to, in return for being allowed to use their software (all software companies do this).

If you read the EULA, you will understand that the software comes with no guarantees. Specifically, in the Microsoft EULA, there is no guarantee that the software will either run or perform any useful function, if it does run. By installing the software, you are agreeing to those terms.
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell