Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-01-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
ibmpc5160
Forum hobbit

Default [Request] Redump needed! - Curse of the Azure Bonds (1.0)

Curse of the Azure Bonds is uploaded.

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/31...ure+Bonds.html

I've downloaded it.
But Disk Image of Disk 1 / Disk 3 seems to be bad dumped or dumped incompletely.

http://www.abandonia.com/files/extra...DiskImages.zip

This must be redumped! (Disk 1 and Disk 3)
ibmpc5160 is offline                         Send a private message to ibmpc5160
Old 21-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Checked with WinImage. Files can be read, seems normal, and I can re-save whole disk. What's the problem, ibmpc5160, and how can I check it?
Old 21-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #3
ibmpc5160
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Checked with WinImage. Files can be read, seems normal, and I can re-save whole disk. What's the problem, ibmpc5160, and how can I check it?
If you can dump Disk 1 and Disk 3 by DCOPY.EXE or Teledisk from original disk, thanks.

Only disk 1 and disk 3 are different from my copied disk.

WINIMAGE is simple, but if any sector has error, Winimage seems to ignore the track which include bad sectors.

But if you can dump by WINIMAGE, can you dump it again?
ibmpc5160 is offline                         Send a private message to ibmpc5160
Old 21-01-2015, 07:48 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Sorry for being too vague. I doesn't have real disks. I mounted existing Abandonia images and tried to read this virtual floppy with WinImage, that's all. If you say that WinImage skips errors even with real disks, obviously, it's impossible to detect anything with the virtual ones.

Well, I have another source of such disks, but I fear it could have the same problem too, as they seemingly dumped with the same WinImage. I will send them to you anyway.

Also, I am asking again: what's the difference between "proper" and "improper" copies? Where must I look to see the problem?
Old 21-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #5
ibmpc5160
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Sorry for being too vague. I doesn't have real disks. I mounted existing Abandonia images and tried to read this virtual floppy with WinImage, that's all. If you say that WinImage skips errors even with real disks, obviously, it's impossible to detect anything with the virtual ones.

Well, I have another source of such disks, but I fear it could have the same problem too, as they seemingly dumped with the same WinImage. I will send them to you anyway.

Also, I am asking again: what's the difference between "proper" and "improper" copies? Where must I look to see the problem?
I also have copied disk of Curse of Azure bond.
I compared my disks with uploaded one.
Disk 1 and Disk 3 are different from each other.
If you have another dumped one, can you upload it?
Old 21-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I have both 1.1 and 1.2. But it seems, you have them too. I haven't other 1.0, unfortunately.

After some research I found though that this (Abandonia) disks are attributed to Geezer (I hate you, Abandonia database!). His last activity recorded year ago, and his last forum post is at 2012 though. But try to contact him maybe?
Old 23-01-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
I have both 1.1 and 1.2. But it seems, you have them too. I haven't other 1.0, unfortunately.

After some research I found though that this (Abandonia) disks are attributed to Geezer (I hate you, Abandonia database!). His last activity recorded year ago, and his last forum post is at 2012 though. But try to contact him maybe?
I'll dig them out for you.

Geezer
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 24-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #8
ibmpc5160
Forum hobbit

Quote:

Ok, thanks.
Old 24-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #9
ibmpc5160
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I'll dig them out for you.

Geezer
If you can help me, thanks very much.

My disk 1 is also modified with just a few sector.
Old 26-01-2015, 05:29 PM   #10
Ermuli
Home Sweet Abandonia

I got also the original European 5.25" disks, but no working drive atm.
Ermuli is offline                         Send a private message to Ermuli