Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
nace
Abandonia nerd

Location: Kavadarci, Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of
Question

So once again , me, with my brilliant ideas, f..... up another machine.
You remember the previous thread I made about my friend`s lap-top and NTFS and FAT32 partitions? Whell it`s about the same computer.

After the instalation of the Windows XP and Service Pack 2, I also installed the drivers for the hardware. The video card driver; the "touching thing" driver, and the audio driver.

I`m aware that WinXP mounts it`s own drivers automaticly for the hardware, but in the manual it said, in short lines that the drivers on that CD (the CD came with the Lap-Top) provide better performance. OK.

But after the instalation of the audio driver the PC still couldn`t recognise the audio device - so there was no sound. To get to the point:

On the CD that came with the lap-top there were about 10 drivers (for things that I`m familliar and unfamilliar of), so thinking that they all should be installed I installed SOME SORT OF DAMN WINDOWS PATCH!!! .
Thinking that it was a driver. Silly me. yeah. :wallbash:

So after the PC restarted, WinXP asked for a log-in password :tai: There was none such before, I have no idea where did that came from.

So I decided to reinstall the Windows XP, but then, the PC couldn`t boot from the CD. You start the PC with the WinXP CD inside (the CD is fine), and there is no sign of bios (which I haven`t seen on that PC before eighter). The PC is starting directly with Windows or, I don`t know. Is that why the PC is not booting from the CD at startup?

When you buy a new PC do you have to install bios too? Isn`t it supposed to be installed on the PC allready? Because like I said when you start the PC a screen with "Asus" (the trademark of the PC) appears, and after that you see the windows starting to load. Nothing else.

Please help me guys because the PC is not mine and I feel pretty gilty.
How to make the damn PC boot from the CD?

nace is offline                         Send a private message to nace