Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-04-2010, 08:02 AM   #1
TrekkiELO

Exclamation Interactive Girls Teresa "OUT OF MEMORY" error

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
(along with a fix for Teresa's "out of memory" error).
I still get this message even after downloading your file here, then I'd modified TERESA.BAT accordingly, so what are the exact steps that need to be taken so it finally goes away, otherwise everything else for Interactive Girls works just fine under my DosBox Version 0.65!

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Last edited by TrekkiELO; 17-04-2010 at 08:36 AM.
TrekkiELO is offline                         Send a private message to TrekkiELO
Old 17-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

0.65 is an antique. It has since been superceded by four successive versions (the newest is 0.73). Use one of the newer versions.

Since I don't know what exactly you changed in your original teresa.bat, I can't know if you did it correctly or messed up somewhere. Use the Start.bat I provided.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-04-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
TrekkiELO

Quote:
0.65 is an antique. It has since been superceded by four successive versions (the newest is 0.73). Use one of the newer versions.
Like I'd said, other than this error, everything else works just fine under that old version.

Quote:
Since I don't know what exactly you changed in your original teresa.bat, I can't know if you did it correctly or messed up somewhere. Use the Start.bat I provided.
I can and will go back to the original so you could walk me through what actually needs to be changed.

Thanks again,

Rick

Last edited by TrekkiELO; 17-04-2010 at 09:08 AM.
TrekkiELO is offline                         Send a private message to TrekkiELO
Old 17-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkiELO View Post
Like I'd said, other than this error, everything else works just fine under that old version.
Did it cross your mind that the problem may have to do with a bug in the old version that was fixed since?
Update to 0.73.

Quote:
I can and will go back to the original so you could walk me through what actually needs to be changed.
Code:
config -set dos EMS=false
igc open

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-04-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Fifth is right, I would suggest that you try out the newer version.

Beside, you can simply unpack the newer version in another directory and use both as you wish. I currently have 4 versions of DOSBox in my computer. I have to admit that it is simply because I was too lazy to get rid of them as new versions came out, but they can be run independently and if I have a problem with one of them I simply need to switch and try it out...
Old 17-04-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
TrekkiELO

Quote:
Did it cross your mind that the problem may have to do with a bug in the old version that was fixed since?
Update to 0.73.

Code:
config -set dos EMS=false
igc open
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Fifth is right, I would suggest that you try out the newer version.

Beside, you can simply unpack the newer version in another directory and use both as you wish. I currently have 4 versions of DOSBox in my computer. I have to admit that it is simply because I was too lazy to get rid of them as new versions came out, but they can be run independently and if I have a problem with one of them I simply need to switch and try it out...
Thanks guys.

Fifth's combination of both did it, sorry for spamming your PM box, an apology message is in there now, anyway, I am officially updated to DosBox 0.73!

:thumbs:

Rick

Last edited by TrekkiELO; 17-04-2010 at 09:24 PM.