Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #101
BurnEdOut
Default DosBOX crash

At first I was having the same trouble that most people mentioned when doing certain things; IE answering the phone or talking to the librarian. Simply turning the sound off in the options menu did away with this issue. However as soon as that was solved a new one appeared. Like someone else said, but doesn't seem to be resolved yet, the game simply exits when I attempt to receive the package at the beginning of the game. I tried reducing the framerate with ctrl+F11 but that didnt seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #102
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Darkseed is horribly buggy. Run it at a low cycle setting (experiment to find the lowest one at which the game still plays at normal speed), this might help a bit.

But fact is it's terribly crash-happy even on real hardware.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #103
red_avatar
Administrator

I've never had it crash but it does contain some bugs which may prevent you from completing the game - I remember having to pick up keys at one stage and them not being there.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 31-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #104
MoleKingQ

If you're a fan of Darkseed perhaps you'll enjoy these videos I made showing what would happen if Mike Dawson's house was featured on Cribs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevGF...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsUpi...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dRxM...eature=channel
MoleKingQ is offline                         Send a private message to MoleKingQ
Old 31-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #105
Capo
Unconventional member

Funny
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 08-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #106
Batmanifestdestiny
Game freak

This game is so tense and creepy! I'm tempted to not play in fullscreen
Batmanifestdestiny is offline                         Send a private message to Batmanifestdestiny
Old 25-03-2010, 09:25 AM   #107
Jordancyre
Question Take sound off cd?

So maybe kind of random. But i have the original CD version of the game and I am running it on dosbox. the game runs fine but when it accesses the cd for the sound the game slows down a chunk... I was wondering if there is a way to rip the sound off of the cd and tell the game to not use the cd for the sound and direct it to a folder where the sound files are. this was the game does not have to spin the cd or access it to play the dialog or sound.

Old 25-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #108
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Make an ISO image of the game (BIN/CUE if the disc contains audio tracks) and use IMGMOUNT to mount it in DOSBox. The emulator will treat it as if it were a normal CD drive, even though all the data is loaded from your hard drive.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analisa View Post
I just can't get the gun in the wall after getting out of jail. Please help me. The guard keeps telling me " nice gun... " and I can't pick it up.

PLEASE HELP thanks
Same problem than 2 guys have mentionned before.

FEELS BAD MAN..

Old 29-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #110
humanoverclock
Lurker

Default The black screen of death/no gameplay/no cutscenes

If you guys are having issues getting this game to run in dosbox, the way I got it to work (mind you, i had this game back when it was new)is when you're starting it in dos, do not use darkseed.exe or start.exe to play the game, simply type in DS. so it will look like this [c:\darkseed\ds] - that should allow the cutscenes to play, if you come to an extended black screen after the opening dream sequence, press [ENTER] and wait for game to start. Hope this helps and have fun!
humanoverclock is offline                         Send a private message to humanoverclock