Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2006, 02:32 PM   #11
Sonicfan37
Forum hobbit

Dang, can't wait to play this game. But since my current computer is too slow to run dosbox, let alone at 10000 cycles, I'll just have to wait until I get home... :wallbash:
Sonicfan37 is offline                         Send a private message to Sonicfan37
Old 28-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #12
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Does anyone know if this game is a "pixel hunt" kind of game? I got it up and running, and it looks (and sounds) really nice, but if it's a pixel-hunt-er, I'm not sure if I got the patience.

Edit: It doesn't seem to have smart text, so you're left to guess if the cursor points at something of interest. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen. Also, the options menu says "speech on" but I hear no speech. Having a sb16, I chose sb (later).
Old 28-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Mighty Midget

It's not a pixel hunter. Anything you need to find is quite obvious. Why not give it a try?

There is no speech in the game, but you can see text when you talk to people. There is some nice organ music that you here as well.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 28-08-2006, 03:21 PM   #14
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Thanks and I think I'll do just that k:

Speech? Who need stinkin' speech?
Old 31-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #15
jonathan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frodo @ Aug 28 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]251467[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

There is no speech in the game, but you can see text when you talk to people. There is some nice organ music that you here as well.

[/b]
There is speech in the original with A+ voice acting. I had this game when I was a teen and found it again on Lost Treasures (I think) france with speech but I can't remember where the site is otherwise I'd link it. It's out there though..and it works with dosbox if you tweek it a bit. Personally I think the speech is not worth missing as far as the phantom experience goes. Still...kudos for having the game...always a favorite of mine.

Old 31-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #16
jonathan
Smile

Actually I found it. http://www.abandonware-france.org/cartes/

But it looks like yet another site which is falling apart. Agamesroom, frechkiss...now this one...they're all disappearing.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 AM   #17
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonathan @ Aug 31 2006, 11:45 PM) [snapback]252181[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Actually I found it. http://www.abandonware-france.org/cartes/

But it looks like yet another site which is falling apart. Agamesroom, frechkiss...now this one...they're all disappearing.
[/b]
Hmm, I don't understand French, but it seems like this site is pretty much dead already. I couldn't find Return Of The Phantom, or any other games for download.

:blink:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 01-09-2006, 02:13 AM   #18
jonathan

[qoute]
Hmm, I don't understand French, but it seems like this site is pretty much dead already. I couldn't find Return Of The Phantom, or any other games for download.

:blink:
[/quote]

Yeah it's a pity. this was the only site I could find anywhere with the Return of the Phantom CD version w/ speech. And I looked for hours...found it about a month ago. But...needless to say... it's gone now.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #19

Can someone help me? I tried to download the copy protection book twice already and it won't open! When I open it in Acrobat Reader v4.0 it says "There was an error opening this document. This viewer cannot decrypt this document." I was downloading it in Firefox too... Is there any way to view it (program... text...)

Old 01-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #20
Wildlotus
Angry

I'm having trouble getting past the protection page. I can't even type in the word it is asking for on "page... Line... Word..." BECAUSE(!!!!!!) everytime I click on the textbox to type in the "secret" word, it restarts to the mainpage's "Return of the Phantom", with all the music following..

This is so exasperating because I can't wait to sink my teeth into this game! The graphics look astounding, and I have no life. I'll just die if I can't get it to work..

What am I doing wrong? Needless to say, I'm not that Pc literate. All I know is that I have installed, and am using, Dosbox to run the game, I had to update my Adobe Reader to read Erik's Copy Protection Book pdf, and now I can't even type in the password!

Please SOMEONE! Help me?