Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-08-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
Charley W

How about Wonderland- a dark take on Lewis Carroll by Magnetic Scrolls?
Charley W is offline                         Send a private message to Charley W
Old 23-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

It looks really interesting, I must say. Especially considering it was made 16 years ago. And it is abandonware

Last edited by arete; 08-05-2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: smiley
Tom Henrik is offline                         Send a private message to Tom Henrik
Old 28-10-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I think the name of the game was Wonderland or something like that. But it basically was the magic scrolls version of the story alice in wonderland. I was wondering what the offical name was and where I could get my hands on copy. I guessing home of the underdogs is my best bet, but since I cannot remember the name I can search for the game.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 28-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

'Wonderland' IS the right title. It was developed by 'Magnetic Scrolls' and published by 'Virgin Mastertronic' in 1990. MobyGames has a few screenshots of several box artworks. Hope that helps a bit. I haven't looked around on the web for that game. But it definately is abandonware.

EDIT: Uhm *cough* *cough*... what did you look for at underdogs? :blink:
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 29-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #5
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Thank You! I tried downloading from game the game from underdogs and did what it told me to do but never could get the game to work.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer
Old 29-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

So the file is broken? Did you try several zipping programs? When I've got the time later I'will have a try on it...

Last edited by arete; 08-05-2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: smiley
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 29-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #7
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Yes and even put it on disks and still did not work.When I tried to install it off the disks I made could be the drive because it would not read the disks after I put the information on it.
Old 30-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #8
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Ok, how did you put the files on the disk? Did you just put the whole folder or every single file on each of the three disks? I tried to mount disk1_2 as a floppydisk in dosbox and the install program accepted it. Only Problem was that I couldn't switch between the disks. But if mounting works then copying the files to floppy disks shouldn't be a problem at all. I can't try out because my notebook doesn't seem to have a floppy drive anywhere
Try again if you haven't done it like that so far. If it keeps regretting to install, I'll try something more sophisticated...
Old 30-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

Ok, This time I formmatted the disks and then put contents that where inside the folder on to the disk. Started up dosbox and mounted both the c and a drives. Then went to the a drive underdosbox and typed install and it started the install process. Took me through a couple of yes and no questions then when it finally got to the point of installing the game from the floppy to the c drive it just kicked me out of dos box. I tried this twice and the samething happened. The second time I changed the sound card from the rolan setting to adlib and still the samething happened.

For some reason when it gets to the part where I tell it to put it on the c drive that is where it dies and kicks me out of dosbox. Nothing is read neither the a or c drive at that point. That is when dosbox kicks me out.

Edit:Is there not a version of this game out there that is downable without having to go threw all this. Kind of like most of the games here where you able to download and play?
Old 30-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #10
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Weird, had the same problems. But I thought it had to do with the fact that I had the files on harddisk. Unfortunately I haven't found another copy on the web, yet. I will try it again every now and then. Maybe I can solve this tomorrow.

EDIT: And no, I don't have the slightest idea how one could make something easy that complicated... maybe this has something to do with the copy-protection...?