Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-07-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 25-07-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Casublett

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Jul 25 2007, 02:06 AM) [snapback]301233[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
[/b]
I too played and was overwhelmed by this game (loosly based on this book that started the whole cyberpunk genre) the 64 as a child... I played it years later on the Amiga and mildly enjoyed it, but found later types of this game (Shadowrun on the Snes and Genesis) to be much more satisfying.
Casublett is offline                         Send a private message to Casublett
Old 25-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
lgonggr
Forum hobbit

This a true classic and I enjoyed it immensely as I had already read the book. I just loved to play Case himself. Note that the game is quite hard, especially towards the end. I can't recall how many times I got wasted in the matrix, but it was a lot ! Your biggest problem is money, but there is a cheat (can't recall) that allows you to make a million bucks or so the first day.

Highly recommended for Gibson fans !
lgonggr is offline                         Send a private message to lgonggr
Old 25-07-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The book was great, though I never really got much into the game.

Bit of trivia: The theme playing on the title screen is "Nothing ever changes" by Devo.

Also: the money can be easily hacked using any hex editor of your choice.

PS: Reminds me we've got several approved requests for System Shock in the forum...

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Findin

This (along with Wasteland) is probably my all time favorite game! I too got it on the C64 to start, and went to buy it with a friend. When we got home, we went to 7-11 for provisions, and ended up playing for 16 hours straight! It was the kind of game that made you want to try just one site, or make it to the next zone, and then of course you found some new warez, and needed to try them out!

Completely agree that this one would be a great remake -- I bought Uplink (by Introversion), but it is a bit too repetitive.

Old 25-07-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Wtf, how long have I requested to have this game on here, every time I've been told it's ESA, now someone posts it on the site.

You're all hypocrites.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 25-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #7

I think the graphics are very good for 1989 game.

Old 25-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #8
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jul 25 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]301350[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wtf, how long have I requested to have this game on here, every time I've been told it's ESA, now someone posts it on the site.
[/b]
The company is still a part of ESA protected group, but this game is abandonware. Something that has been happening quite a lot. The changes happened in winter if I'm not mistaking. You may look at threads about it (don't know where they are - haven't been to the forum at the time). I bet this was all anounced.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 26-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jul 25 2007, 07:35 PM) [snapback]301350[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
You requested it once, two years ago.

At the time the entire situation with ESA was not very clear and we were avoiding ESA games like leprosis. It was way before the 10/15 year rule.

Quote:
You're all hypocrites.[/b]
You should calm down, Piggy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-07-2007, 12:58 AM   #10
thebes
Game freak

The graphics don't bother me as I'm old so I am used to them. Anyway gameplay means more to me. I will download this but might never get a chance to play.
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes