Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #51
DIE K-FED

tried that, i get sound fx but no music and no voice over?

Old 12-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #52
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, for music, choose adlib or roland. and for voice, there is voice, but intro only. no in-game voices at all=/
Old 13-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #53
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Full speech is only available in the CD version of the game. The one we have on Abandonia is the floppy version.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-06-2007, 11:46 AM   #54
guest1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HellFire12 @ Jun 2 2007, 06:16 PM) [snapback]292706[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HellFire12 @ Jun 2 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]292634[/snapback]
Quote:
When I try to run the game a black box pops up and says that i need at leat 1MB of EMS memory to run the game but i followed the directions in the game summary but it didnt work. Dose anybody know what to do?
[/b]
Nvm i figured it out. :brain:
[/b][/quote]

how did u sort this out, i have the same thing happens to me, not got a clue what i'm doin...

Old 17-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #55
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

If it's EMS related, make sure you have the

EMS=true

in the DOSBox configuration file.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #56
Donners

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doubler @ Dec 18 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]271987[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heheh, I also own the "very rare" collectors box. 61140 of 75000, including the episode, a pin and a couple of interviews,etc. All in cool black and gold :P
Is it the community around here, or what?

Anyway, I never really got into the game. I mentioned it way back in the 25thA thread, though, posting as a guest.
[/b]
I still have the pin! Came in a nice soft black pouch IIRC. The Mac versions of the Trek games were excellent - one of them came with a whole "making of" disc, which was pretty rare for those days.
Donners is offline                         Send a private message to Donners
Old 28-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #57
OriolesRule

Click the right mouse button and select the left hand icon. Click on Spock for all techie things then click on the chess boards to play chess. After checkmate, select the use icon again, and select the blue bag in the upper-left corner of the screen. Select Spock's science tricorder (it's right after the kill phaser) & click on a computer terminal on the left side of the screen. Repeat using McCoy's medical tricorder on the same terminal. I just learned you must "use" Spock on the computer to get the code & again to open the door.

In case you're stuck again, hints are available at http://www.uhs-hints.com/uhsweb/stjr.php

Last edited by OriolesRule; 28-08-2008 at 04:28 PM.
OriolesRule is offline                         Send a private message to OriolesRule
Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 AM   #58
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i hate the uhs, you have to actually pay for the answers
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #59
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

That's as retarded as the hint line they have at the back of game manuals.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 18-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #60
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I think this and 25th Anniversary are the best Trek games ever. They're almost like brand new episodes from the original series, and they fit the tone and atmosphere perfectly. Star Trek games are best when they're adventure games. Shooters and flight sims/arcade games are a waste of the IP.

The MMO had potential, but it doesn't sound all that great to me. I think it's a mistake to have everyone start out as captains. And now that I'm reading the wiki to catch up on its features, "away team run and gun missions" sounds like a bad idea as well.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127