Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-02-2008, 03:12 PM   #201
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Essentially it's one of the authors offering the game from her personal site. Since it doesn't seem to have caused her any problems with Sierra, I think we can safely declare CotL freeware.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #202
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Done (until further notice).
Old 11-02-2008, 07:49 PM   #203
Sal
Game Wizzard

Default Conquests of the longbow

:laugh:Hurrah...Finally able to downlaod this great game..Thanks Abandonia..Can't wait to play...SAL
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 27-02-2008, 08:10 AM   #204
Tommyboy71
Lurker

Default Installation trouble

Greetings!

I have recently downloaded Robinhood. I had this game over a decade ago as a teenager. I never beat it, but I found it again on here and am trying to get it to work! I have downloaded Dosbox and know how to use it basically. My problem is, the Robinhood version you download is the pre-installed version. how can I install this?

Thank you to all for your time and help,

Tommyboy
Tommyboy71 is offline                         Send a private message to Tommyboy71
Old 27-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #205
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

if you need to change the game's configuration look for EXE or COM files in the directory other than the one used to start it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #206
OriolesRule

Smile Re: You can fight the monk with a quarterstaff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsecrazy View Post
You can fight the monk with a staff? Is that later in the game or at the part where Marian is being attacked? I tried re-downloading it and it still doesn't work!! I think I'm going to try it on my sister's computer because mine is just about brand spankin' new and maybe it's having problems because it's an older game.
Abandonia.com's version is 1.1. I'm not sure if this is the latest version ever released. This game still crashes at random times due to "Out of handles!" :notrust: The errrors are probably due to a limitation with the SCI engine itself. Well, that's another reason to save your game!

You can only fight the Abbey's monk in brown robes with Little John's quarterstaff. The exact time clicking the walk cursor determines which monk appears on Watling Street first. Don't take too long! You can also visit Watling Street by clicking the hand cursor on it, as if you can just grab & pull it towards you. Don't worry about meeting the "wrong" monk, because you'll meet the other one tomorrow. You need to meet both of them to finish the game.

Speaking of playing as an Abbey monk, does anyone know of a good first move or general strategy for winning Nine Men's Morris? I remember searching and finding an entire solution on the Internet somewhere, but there's no hints at all in Abandonia.com's walkthrough.

Last edited by OriolesRule; 05-08-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Removing unnecessary words.
OriolesRule is offline                         Send a private message to OriolesRule
Old 05-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #207
OriolesRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Henrik View Post
How to get maximum points...

DIFFICULT!

When I played through it, my highest score can be seen in the last screenshot. And it is WAY below the max. Maybe it is because I shot one of the pixies?
I don't know how he did this, but some player INTENTIONALLY finished the game in the worst possible way to see the worst possible ending. Not only did the outlaws fail to add to the puny 300 ransom they started with, the merry men actually LOST 10 outlaws & only scored 980/7325 points! You must do everything Robin Hood doesn't stand for. (make people mad, kill peasants, & letting Maid Marien die & not resurrect her)

He's posted the worst ending on YouTube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay5sd...eature=related
OriolesRule is offline                         Send a private message to OriolesRule
Old 08-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #208
OriolesRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirajo View Post
Oh, thank you so much for this game! I have the 3.5 floppies somewhere and I've been searching for it online to download for years now. This game gave me hours upon hours upon hours of enjoyment when I was younger.

My siblings and I even transcribed someone the midi music for the piano. This game had it all, and now I can enjoy it again.

One day, I will get max points.... one day.
I have a secret to get max points. Please don't try for max points before finishing the game once, but if you wish to redo the entire game for max points, here's the max points walk-through.

http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Sierra/robin.hood.4.html

Look at the bottom of this walk-through for the all of the coat-of-arms & other information which was included in the original manual which you will need to finish the game.

http://www.the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Sierra/conquests.of.the.longbow.1.html

Last edited by OriolesRule; 08-08-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 19-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #209
lazylisa

Send a message via AIM to lazylisa

Just finished the game, really liked it a lot, except that I lost some points by turning the arcade level way down. I was tired of being hit by falling rocks on that damn tower!

I love how Sierra will find a way to inject some humor into even the most "serious" games. This is what happened when I was disguised as a monk, and I clicked the hand cursor on the other monk in the abbey:

lazylisa is offline                         Send a private message to lazylisa
Old 19-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #210
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You should tell Kevin McCullough about this... I'm sure he'll love to spout another tirade on how computer games are corrupting the minds of innocent little children (LULZ).

-- Reed Richards