Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-10-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

As an updater I frequently find a game-review that doesn't contain the name of the author. This is too bad, since no name appears in the news and below the review that way.

Please add your name at the end of the review, or better yet, fill out this 'form' with it, so the updaters have it easy

in advance!
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 11-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Man, this is so serious.

Well, i don't think that this form should become standard, since lot of kids who would like to contribute will change their mind seeing this form, at least i would.

Also, updater must check or ask admins someone to check all info about the game before uploading. So i guess that it is not necessary to ask the reviewers to do that since it will be done by admins anyway.

By the way, if noone knows who wrote review, ask on the forum. It happened before, but admins were mostly thinking about it ar sendind PMs instead of simple question :angel:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM   #3
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Shouldn't this be pinned?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by marko_river@Oct 11 2005, 12:16 PM
Man, this is so serious.
Just write your name below the review. It's not that difficult. It makes life so much easier for the updater. And it takes away the 'unknown' and 'Please contact me if you wrote this' messages.

The form isn't mandatory, it's just handy if the reviewer has allready done it.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 11-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Reup+Oct 11 2005, 01:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Reup @ Oct 11 2005, 01:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-marko_river@Oct 11 2005, 12:16 PM
Man, this is so serious.
Just write your name below the review. [/b][/quote]
With Marko's reviews you can always tell (they're the onse with most articles being wrong - missing a/an/the... :bleh: ).
Those forms would help a lot, so if people would look for the information it would make the updating job much easier.
Some reviewers do send us the reviews with all the info, and I'd really like to thank them.

I'd especially apreaciate it, if besides the name you could also write the similar games one should try. This would really help, because if you played the game you should have an idea what it's about. We have to try the game to check for compatibility, but we can't play the whole game through before uploading (it would take too long).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos