Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Default Youtube's reviewers

Like Lemmings, there are lots of them and most of them are just bad, non-charistatic high-pitch voiced nerds. The best reviews are usually those which lack voice.

There are two reviewers who brightly shine from the group: The Angry Videogame Nerd and Irate Gamer. Nerd, because he's gotta production value, he's a good actor and he's also the first one (rest are just copycats). He can even make good jokes!

The Irate Gamer, however, is a copycat + an obnoxious bastard. His reviews are somewhat collection of mixed opinions and he cant stand of negative feedback. I just checked out a comment I put out on his Contra-review this morning, and he removed it. I just pointed out that critizising a non-existant storyline (+ few other little stuff) is kinda stupid, considering that the game was good.

And his jokes suck!

EDIT: On a other note: Why do they have to swear all the time? Nerds fine, but the others are usually: This game is a f****** piece of *h**! Its f****** ugly and it looks like my ****....etc.etc.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 25-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I agree that the Angry Video Game Nerd is awesome, he makes good reviews and just overall rocks.

The Irate Gamer, is actually not too bad, yes he does copy a lot of the Angry Video Game Nerd's mannerisms and style, but he still makes some decent reviews. I can see why people say he copies the Nerd's style but seriously, why can't there be someone similar?

Yet where does it say that the Angry Video Game Nerd can be the only angry reviewer? He was never the first angry reviewer Chosen, just the first one to really get a big deal of exposure. Seriously I get annoyed with all these copy cat assertions, what if someone wants to be angry and try something different, why does that make them a copy cat? I mean if they basically rip off all of the AVGN style then yes thats a copy cat but after that just for being angry for example or swearing the copy cat tag gets thrown on a reviewer, thats a bit much imo. I mean with the Irate Gamer its obvious and such, but oh well, he makes pretty decent reviews and lets leave it at that.

Two other really good reviewers I've come across are the Happy Video Game Nerd, who does his own style, but generally he is very informative.

As well as Aqualung Game Reviews, is mostly narration but with a nice walkthrough included for some games, pretty informative, although his voicework is okay at best, still very informative as well.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude