Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-12-2004, 01:16 PM   #1
Petter1979
Game freak

Just curious about if there is any abandonia people who have played this game?

I played from oktober/november 2001 to about febuary/april 2004.

I quitted because of New frontier expansion, since my melee tanks/characters were reduced to operate siege equipment.
Petter1979 is offline                         Send a private message to Petter1979
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
mikebarry
Game freak

I just checked into the game a few weeks ago. I don't think i'll play for the same reason that you quit...game expansions are just ridiculous. Can't they make just ONE original game this is entertaining for an extended period of time? Expansions can be fun, but I mean, c'mon...
mikebarry is offline                         Send a private message to mikebarry
Old 17-02-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Jackoliov

I played Dark Age of Camelot for about a year and a half before cancelling my account, I had two level 50s on hibernia kay who I enjoyed playing very much, Jackoliov a druid and Valg a champion. I was addicted to the game up until Trials of Atlantis, at that point my interest began to wane and when New Frontiers came out it was the end for me. NF really ruined what was a great game, in my opinion..... Dark Age will still be kicking for a long time but its day in the sunlight has passed, I think.
Jackoliov is offline                         Send a private message to Jackoliov
Old 17-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #4
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Yeah I stopped playing recently as well, but man, what a great game it was. I've played many MMORPGs, and while others were really fun, no game could top the RvR/PvP play of Dark Ages of Camelot. Yeah there were issues, but no other MMORPG came close to it. It's the only MMORPG where I kept playing off and on for about 2.5 years. SInce i was a pretty hardcore player who leveled fast and most other MMORPG's focused more on PvE, I'd often do everything in a MMORPG and then get bored. However, DAOC RvR play mainly kept me going for all those years.

I was one of the first Theurgists to reach level 50 on my server and eventually had many level 50's all over the place. I actually liked Trials of Atlantis and though it put some nice content to explore and maybe because I knew a lot of people, we were pretty organized about getting those Master Trials done, however, around that time I also got hooked on Final Fantasy 11 on the PC. I didn't think I'd like FF11, but it's PvE content and setup was addicting, although when I reached lvl 60, got all my special class gear and because there weren't many other US player in that level range at the time, and most of my Japanese friends played at a really late time for me, I eventually quit.

I actually dont' play any MMORPG's anymore because they sucked way too much of my time. And believe me, I've come close to buying City of Hereos or World of Warcraft many a time, but instead I decided to cut back on my playing time and play abandonware instead. =)
gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth