Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Hey guys. Ive seen this Mordor game on HOTU sold for 19.95 USD (10.00 USD s&h)...And ive seen it also advertised on someone's signature. Is it any good? It looks like a very complex, and slightly more graphical roguelike. Can anyone tell me about it? Is it any good, is it any bad? hehe. Any info is good. *goes off to play Geneforge 3*
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 31-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, it depends on what you expect in a game, really. Mordor doesn't really have great graphics, but there is a decent number of items and monsters (I've been playing for about five years now, and I still haven't seen them all), and it really takes you a while to get all the way down to level 15. And it takes even longer to go there and live. It's not too hard to get the hang of the game, though.
You should have a look around the Mordor forums (just follow the link in my sig :whistle: ) and see whether it sounds like something you might enjoy playing.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 31-07-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's pretty good, though I tend to play it for a while then get bored and stop, then try and pick up where I left off a bit later and fail to remember where all my spells are buffered. I also find the party controls a bit limited, but overall it's definitely worth a try.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 31-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Oh excellent heh. Thanks for that save there Beef. I was about to buy it to heh, 30 bucks did seem a little off for it, and now i'm glad I got it for free!! :Brain:

Ill check it out, and see if I can get into it, I just opened it up to see if it works, looks pretty good. Tiny lil' screen for the visual, but that's ok. Only thing I don't really like is you fight monsters, but you don't actually see WHERE they are.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 31-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you want to see where the monsters are, you might try Mordor II - sadly there's only a demo, though; the game was never completed.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 31-07-2005, 07:29 PM   #6
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Eh, everyone raves Morder 1 is such an excellent game, so if people can fall in love with this gem for years, and they can't see monsters, then i can too hehe. Havent had time to play it yet, still at work, but when I get home ill read the manual and give it a go!
Old 31-07-2005, 10:41 PM   #7
Xikarita
Abandonia nerd

It's a rogue-like dungeon crawl game (I think that's the way they're called). That means that the story/plot aren't that good, but the emphasis of the game is put in the exploration of the dungeon. It has a Windows-like interface, you can't see your enemies or the items, but it's still very addictive. This is because you're constantly trying to level up your character(s) and finding more powerful items. The dungeon has about 15 levels and the game takes AGES to finish (if you ever finish it that is, because your character may die of old age in the meantime).
So overall, I'd say buy it if you like that kind of game.

Or download it..I guess that's what you did
Old 31-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #8
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And while you're at it, join the forums. Very nice people there. :whistle:
Old 19-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #9
Braindead
Abandonia Homie

Send a message via ICQ to Braindead Send a message via MSN to Braindead

AJ you changed your sig, mordor is on reloaded now? :P

Sorry for necromancing, it's one of my hobbies to search every-so-much months for the word Mordor, yeah I know...
Braindead is offline                         Send a private message to Braindead
Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #10
GrimFang4
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to GrimFang4

I really liked Mordor 2 despite it crashing so much. Definitely try it or some derivation of it since it lost its Mordor name.