Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #21
FurSeal

I remember playing this game when I was very very young, about 6-7 y'o(at that time on Amiga) and I couldn't get very far in the game often be killed the first group of approaching monster... ahh memories...

I remember my dad playing this game and got really far, I remember my dad's Julian is nearly invincible. Nothing could harm him but a raging flame of the big dragon, good old days

BTW during the Amiga period we play this game with joystick, mouse and keyboard altogther(pretty cool huh?)

Old 01-08-2006, 01:25 AM   #22
catchaserguns
Games Master

I remember finding a Commodore 64 version of it in a pawnshop and I also had a genesis version also
catchaserguns is offline                         Send a private message to catchaserguns
Old 11-11-2006, 01:29 AM   #23
Miraculous

I absolutely LOVED this game as a kid on our Amiga (first computer, bought used). We got this game as an illegal bootleg from my dad's friend at work, who constantly gave us copies of his Amiga games. Emerald Miner was my dad's favorite!

I am having a hard time getting this to run correctly. I run the installs, but it says "can't read drive A:." I run the exe's, and the game either has the wrong colors, or looks right but won't run the game. The game, when running, runs WAY too fast (days cycling in seconds, and constantly fainting from exhaustion.) Can anyone give me some help on this? Is there a fix for this in other forums?

Old 13-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There is. It's called DosBox.
You can download it here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-11-2006, 05:47 AM   #25
nikoniko

I remember drooling over the game ads promising more than 19,000 screens of adventure! I wished I had an Amiga to play it, but had to settle for playing it on my C64.

The C64 version had a lovely, strange bug that I discovered and used to my advantage. If one tries to save the game right after being killed, before the fairy gets to you, and puts in a write-protected disk so that the game fails to save, then when the fairy restores you, you'll be invincible. Whenever your health hits zero, it rolls around to 255 instead of your character dying. This was tremendously helpful in getting through the early parts of the game.

Also, I figured out how to walk through locked doors without using any keys, by performing a zig-zag motion along the length of the door.

I also found a method to have infinite bird totems, but I can't remember how I did it.

Unfortunately, though, none of these exploits worked on the Amiga or PC versions. (Not that they're really needed once you're familiar enough with the game.)
nikoniko is offline                         Send a private message to nikoniko
Old 13-09-2007, 10:09 PM   #26
Kevin

I just downloaded this game and was wondering my the monsters move soooo fast...is there anyway to slow it down to a normal speed?? Thanks

Old 14-09-2007, 05:33 AM   #27
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kevin @ Sep 13 2007, 11:09 PM) [snapback]310774[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just downloaded this game and was wondering my the monsters move soooo fast...is there anyway to slow it down to a normal speed?? Thanks
[/b]
In DOSBox: Ctrl+F11 -> Slows down the game.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 11-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #28
Shawnee

How come when you look at the manual it's for some game about the Phantom of the Opera?

I can't get this game to work so I was hoping the manual might guide me.

Thanks!
Shawnee is offline                         Send a private message to Shawnee
Old 17-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #29
gumpy
Game freak

The game's graphics get all garbled up after you use a bird totem for the overhead map...
gumpy is offline                         Send a private message to gumpy