Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #91
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Feb 19 2006, 07:38 PM
with enough rates my songs could get on the charts That would be soooo sweeeeeet
Now that's a different story - off course you should be supported by the members of your comunity (if nothing else - and you are more than just that) you're an Abandonian.

Come on people - let's support this crazed Hungarian!!!

Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 02-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #92
Gelfo
Game freak

Hey y'all, I thought it was about time I shared some of my creations

This track hasn't really got a title, but I've dubbed it 'Curiousity Killed Alice'. I finished it about a week ago and it doesnt fit in with either of my current projects, so it's homeless atm.

http://www.carparkology.co.uk/audio/Curiousity.mp3

It'd be better to download it than stream I think..

Any thoughts are welcome

Old 02-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #93
SixApes
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via Yahoo to SixApes

Heres a little piece I've been working on, this is second take. Its kinda bluesie....

Richard Compton - Blue

I think the highhats are a little to loud.... not sure though.

@Gelfo
I like your track Gelfo.... im curious though.... yes, curious.... curiouserrrrrrr... *YIKES* its in my head!!!!!!!

No, seriously, its awsome! k:

I really am curious, what programs did you use? What were the sources for your sounds?

Its industrial in a sense.... listening causes serious disorientation...... in a good way.

Thanks for sharing Gelfo!
SixApes is offline                         Send a private message to SixApes
Old 04-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #94
Gelfo
Game freak

Hey yo, dug it. It's very very bluesy. I liked the vocals and the lyrics. I did however find that the main riff got a little repetitive, could have done with being switched up every 4 bars or something.. (but I can't talk about repetition )
I have another of your songs too on my PC? Dream Offering.. I suspect I got it from this thread.. or in another thread on this forum. But I like your feel very laid back. The hats.. I guess could do with tweaking, but they're fine as they are, not aurally offensive.. through my speakers anyway.

My goal is to move away from using beats as the backbone to my tracks, but I have this disease where I just chuck a beat onto everything, it's annoying. The main CD I'm working on (and have been for years) is mental and progressing away from the more beaty stuff.

Anyway for that track I used Fruity Loops for sequencing, yeah people sneer at it and say it's for beginners, but there's nothing you can't do with it and I feel it offers a lot of freedom. And I used wavelab for editing and cleaning etc. I truly believe it's not what your tools can do, it's what you can do. I take my sounds from everywhere, the low frequency sound was a slowed Digeridoo sample I pulled from an ethnic instruments sample CD, the drums half were from my Drum Machine and the others came from various sources and packs I'd found on the net (heavily modded) and the other instruments were from soft synths, probably.

I've uploaded this track too for you, it's quite an old song.. I think I made this in 2002? It's more chilled than the other one and has vocals.

CLEEEEK

*EDIT* Thanks for your kind words btw
Old 09-04-2006, 02:04 AM   #95
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

@SixApes

well that was...very blue... I immediatly imagined a video clip, in black and white you sit on a bench in a deserted wild-western town with a guitar and make a very sad face. It was weird in a good meaning, well done dude k: I like the riffs and the lirics though, as Gelfo said, it gets a little repetative after a while, but I think that's just it what creates that atmosphere.... cooool

@Gelfo

Well Alice sure gets it in that one now should I ask "WHO THE *meep* IS ALICE?" Not bad at all! That industrial feeling is...um...very...industral? yeah, that's it. You should get a wee bit more vocals in there and it should be all good k: Not bad at all, you done well dude k:

Well the next one is...wierd. :blink:
If you intended it to sound if you were high on dope, it's a bullseye dude To tell the truth, after some time, I kinda started feeling *I* was high on dope which was very creepy. I'm not into rap myself, so I showed it to my friend who dig this kinda music, just for the sake of the objective review. Well he was more or less on the same opinion as me. You DO sound like riding the white pony To tell the truth I didn't understand all of your lyrics, but from what I did I think it's good k: It's just probably me, but I can't get a full opinion on this one considering the genre difference, but I think it must be some cool music you have there dude, well done k:

If you are using FL Studio or any other like that, you should try to play with the reverb and filters a little, believe me it can do wonders, make your songs sound less sterile and it give some depth to it. I already hear you do use delays on your vocals, and that is good. Keep up the good work k:

I'll release my latest work as soon as I finish it. I took the liberty and gone off the genre scale here. I'm doing an acoustic(kareoke) version of a Nightwish song, Ever Dream. It is pretty nasty stuff, I havent figured out how to blend in the electric guitars and the short pauses between strumms, but I'm on it.

Okay people, keep postin, I'd really like to hear some great tunes about now

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 09-04-2006, 03:32 PM   #96
Gelfo
Game freak

Cheers for the words governer

Although I do have my roots in hiphop, I'm not sure you could call that track a "rap" song.

Anyway, I use a fair bit of reverb here and there, but I don't tend to play around much with filtering, that's an avenue I haven't explored too much currently
Old 09-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #97
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Oh you should take a look at automation clips in FL Studio. Get a filter and automate the cutoff knob like a flanger, you'll get an interesting effect. I used that in my last song the Feel...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 12-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #98
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Double postin time! The Music Club is back from the dead, and I'm waiting cool songs to be posted. I'll post some of recent creations as soon as I upload them, so stay tuned k: