Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #51
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

By the way, Dean Sharpe was also the guy who defended the removal of that ability (yes, the AI used to be able to throw grenades... amongst other things. A lot was consciously cut in that department as well) saying: "there's fun AI, and there's AI that's just too good". <_<
Old 15-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #52
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

^Think of trying to run away from 4 grenades being thrown at you while runing in enclosed space
Old 16-10-2007, 06:19 AM   #53
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

well like i said patch 1.1. is said to have A-life enabled and propperly tweaked.

well of course it's logical now why the cars are out and why the enemy isn't throwing grenades. but if your weapons were more accurate, maps bigger (and more of them), no anomalies on roads... then they could just as easilly be there. am not sure about grenades, but people inlcuded other stuff via mods in just to have fun.

i am just hoping they will make Clear sky propperly. Not that every one with dual core has problems running and anyone with ATI is afraid to buy it cause he might not be able to run it.

Stalker (although still emersive and fun) feels like an unfinished product. i never really felt this in any other game i played (although i haven't played them so many as some people). perhaps Jet Set Willy comes close with his rooms where you got killed succesivelly 9 times immediatelly after you spawned.

Stalker when i played it i was walking and walking and then suddenly loading screen. i thought "that it?!". map so small?!? ok second time i did more exploring but first time i though it will be a long time before i reach Yantar and Pripyat. but they were there so fast and the game ended so quickly.

second time i went exploring more but got bored so i decided to equip other stalkers with powerfull weapons... the fights are fun... then slowly i put an end to the game.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 16-10-2007, 11:24 AM   #54
Doubler
Resident Llama

Quote:
well like i said patch 1.1. is said to have A-life enabled and propperly tweaked.[/b]
Actually, 1.1 is said to have an additional freeplay mode added in which Alife is enabled. Dot. One of the reasons it's difficult to enable in the normal game is because it breaks the main storyline withing ten minutes. :P

And I really don't see why the grenades were disabled... because that might actually have added a challenge in the firefights? :P

For mods, try Redux. Adds to the enjoyment and difficulty factor 10 times. Its still too easy, though... but Redux Extreme promises to finally fix that.
Old 16-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #55
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Fifth Horseman @ Oct 15 2007, 04:09 PM) [snapback]316247[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've read that cars and other vehicles were removed because they made it too easy to just ride right into an anomaly and thus get yourself killed by an accident.
[/b]
I understand that choice since it's full of them, but maybe it could be funny :P

..............................KABOOM!
Old 17-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #56
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

well they could have removed anomalies form roads... then again...

anyway i still wish to see Clearsky and want to be able to play it. i didn't have any problems with stalker because i have single core and old graphics card... so everyhting worked well only not dynamic lighting (bah who cares about tha,...). so if clear sky works fluent liek that it will be ok.

yah firefights are way too easy (except for that part wqhen they shoot you through wall). and the only way to get that cool ringing effect the grenade leaves on you is if you accidentally go too close to oyur own grenade. or if you throw it in a wall and it bounces back

and although emersive you have to admit that game is quite short... i mean it has what 10 leveles or something... ok some you need ot go to a ocuple of times and there are some aditional levels undernground but they are just pipes and abandoned tunnels... bah.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 17-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #57
Doubler
Resident Llama

I tend not to bother replaying the story. I live the zone. Once you take the zone as it is, the lifetime lengthens considerably.

Some days ago I had to entrench myself on the construction site in Wild Territory for a night. I didn't realize I'd be fighting off several merc attacks and the occasional mutant horde containing any number of rodents, blind dogs, pseudo dogs, snorks and bloodsuckers. In the downtime between combat I could look out over the area, and see mutants roam about, occasionaly an anomaly firing, sometimes hearing gunshots in the distance (duty vs. bandits vs. mercs).
Now those moments, however rare they are (as they should be) are part of why I still play.

Of course part of the above is 1.0004 with Redux. It had some unpredictable results :P
Old 17-10-2007, 11:56 AM   #58
Dave

There are several hidden parts in the Zone that increase game life, for example that crazy man into a mined swamp, some crashed choppers and that military that wanted to escape from his superiors:
"Please don't kill me!", probably that guy was related to another end of the game.
But there was a big lab near the red forest that I wasn't able to open...any idea?

Btw I really appreciate the "Arena" into the city, I've lost some hours to win all matches, they were smarter than I expected
Old 17-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #59
Doubler
Resident Llama

That military guy is a target in a barkeep mission. It is possible the mission originally had another way of finishing it, since the guy goes on about needing a car, but that's conjecture.

That big lab: The large walkway? If so, the code isn't present in the game. You'd have to look online. Not much though, just a room and two medkits.

You've can also find a guitar and a radio in Dark Valley, by the way :P
Old 17-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #60
Dave

Yeah, I finished that mission killing him...but maybe the hidden End was related to the Freedom mechanical..
Alive Guy + mechanical = vehicle...
If I remember correctly the lab was near Pripyat entrance, where Duty and Freedom Engage the last big battle, near some dead scientist. Are we talking about the same?
Quote:
You've can also find a guitar and a radio in Dark Valley, by the way[/b]
You just gave me a good new reason to play it again LOL

And Pigggy, Stalker Clear Sky will contain strategy parts, if you'll join a faction you will be able to conquest and loose territories.