Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #41
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB View Post
EDIT: I just noticed that they have branded this game as a No Go. Why? I haven't seen this game sold on the market in years. There is ONE copy for sale on Amazon that is listed as new but I'll bet it is from someone's private collection.
There are several games that are not available to buy, but you still cannot download them. The Monkey Island games, and Sink Or Swim being examples.

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 05-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
There are several games that are not available to buy, but you still cannot download them. The Monkey Island games, and Sink Or Swim being examples.
Yes, I know but that is because the publisher is enforcing copyrights themselves. In the case of this game the publisher is Millennium Interactive Ltd. and Abandonia has many games on site by them (many of which are newer) that are all downloadable. Maybe it is the producer
Eldritch Games that is the problem?
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 AM   #43
ffxplayer

>:O

Excuse me, could someone help me with the whole "pipe/powder" puzzle? Yes, I have them both, yes, I know to put powder in pipe to blow at spirit(or dijini or whatever)but when I give the powder and pipe to the woman, she only gives me the powder AND WON'T RETURN THE PIPE. I've been trying for an hour, someone walk me through this in baby steps PLEASE. I WANT spoilers at this point, you can PM, that's fine, just H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ffxplayer is offline                         Send a private message to ffxplayer
Old 11-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #44
Yigenek
Lurker

One of the few official Lovecraft games, but a mediocre one, i think the best part is the character creation section that is absent in "The Scroll" version.

I have a question to ask, when i run the floppy "Daugher" version under dosbox there a lot of graphic errors in the game and after a point it locks. But i didn't have any problem with the CD "Scroll" version. What would be the cause of this?
Yigenek is offline                         Send a private message to Yigenek
Old 11-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm guessing the copy of floppy version of "Daughter..." you've got has been corrupted somehow.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #46
Sal
Game Wizzard

Ok..I have gotten the game up and running..created my character watched the intro..gone to the hotel..read the letter and gone across the road to Cooks but when I try to get the clerk to help me..No go..I can't seem to find a coin in the inventory..Have I missed something?
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 26-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #47
Sal
Game Wizzard

Hello....Can anyone tell me where to find the coin to pay the man at Cook's?
Old 28-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #48
Sal
Game Wizzard

:wondering:Is there anyone out there who is playing Daughter of Serpents and can tell me where to find the coin to pay the Cook's man PLEEEEEESE!!!!!!
Old 28-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #49
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

The Scroll walkthrough

Daughter of Serpents walkthrough
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 28-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #50
chipschap

Default Sound problems

Does anyone else (using DOSBox 0.72, Ubuntu Linux 8.04) have trouble with no sound? I get to the Options screen and there is a sound option, but clicking on the left (showing a speaker, presumably sound on) or the right (x-ed out speaker, presumably sound off) does nothing in either case.... and I get no sound at all. I tried different configs with soundblaster options in DOSBox to no avail. Thanks to anyone....
chipschap is offline                         Send a private message to chipschap