Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #31
IMissDOS
Lurker

Thought I would repost this now that I've joined:

I get a dialog loop problem at the point after you use the lens of Thoth or whever it's called. My character tells Ariadne about what happens, and she begins talking about an Efreet... and then my characters talks about Efreets...and then she talks about Efreets...and my chracters talks about Efreets...

Over and over and over. There is no option to select in the conversations themselves, and no way to end the cycle. I can't even select the save/load screen. What am I doing wrong??
IMissDOS is offline                         Send a private message to IMissDOS
Old 19-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #32
Rane
Exclamation

am i the only one who was able to die in this game??? when i went down the cellar n climbed down that hole in the ground all i got was"haunter of darkness" and i got thrown to main menu :tai: :ranting:

Old 01-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #33
Mezza

Well Rane, I also managed to die. Took the same dive in the same pit :whistle:

@IMissDos (and many others) The controls are very awkward indeed, I just clicked around the screens and inventory to see what happens. Especially the edges of the screen! In Cook's Book click on the last line ("Essentials for your visit") to get to the options menu (load/save/etc.)

At a certain point in the game I took a leap forward and was able to use inventory items I never got???? :blink: This bug made the game even shorter Well I'm just going to replay it with another caracter and see if it happens again.

For enthusiasts of this game's theme I can recommend Laura Bow - The dagger of Amon Ra.
Mezza is offline                         Send a private message to Mezza
Old 20-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #34
sourlimes
Lurker

Hey, so does anyone else have the problem where you cant open the map (the screen just goes blank?)

Thanks!
sourlimes is offline                         Send a private message to sourlimes
Old 25-04-2006, 07:44 AM   #35
Thaluikhain

Quote:
Originally posted by Rane@Dec 20 2005, 12:25 AM
am i the only one who was able to die in this game??? when i went down the cellar n climbed down that hole in the ground all i got was"haunter of darkness" and i got thrown to main menu* :tai:* :ranting:
Heh, yeah, that happened to me too.

Would you mind using the "EDIT" button next time round instead of triple-posting? Thank you.

Right, sorry.
Thaluikhain is offline                         Send a private message to Thaluikhain
Old 15-05-2006, 11:58 AM   #36
jeppe93

Does anyones know a game thats alot like this, ive gotten tired of this one...
but i love the theme, and the character creation...
if anyones know one plz tell me about it... especially if its an abandonware game...
jeppe93 is offline                         Send a private message to jeppe93
Old 15-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #37
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hound of Shadow has nearly the same creation system, and AFAIK a similar theme too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #38
jeppe93

Do you know if its abandonware?
jeppe93 is offline                         Send a private message to jeppe93
Old 24-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'd guess so.
HOTU had it, if I remember right.
But it's a text-based adventure.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-04-2008, 01:19 AM   #40
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

This game was also released under the name "The Scroll". The copy that I have of The Scroll is on CD but I suspect the controls are the same. I can scan the manual since so many people have had trouble figuring the game out. I was wondering if someone who has actually played Daughter of Serpents can read the manual before I submit it to make sure that it applies and they have not changed the controls on the CD version.

EDIT: I just noticed that they have branded this game as a No Go. Why? I haven't seen this game sold on the market in years. There is ONE copy for sale on Amazon that is listed as new but I'll bet it is from someone's private collection.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer