Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-07-2017, 07:39 PM   #51
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

That's a shame. I do not have the game. However I used to place chess for 1 whole year seriously. It is one of those games where your skills go down if you don't use it often. At least that is the case with me so my skills are minimum. Did you know even a kid can beat me! It is true.

However chess games glitches are common. Somehow I got chessmaster status for 2 or 3 games and could never achieve it again.

I have a chess game somewhere in dos that was never widely realized. However I'll look for it. It is only for 2 players though so you need to play with someone.

I am putting my foot in my mouth since I am lazy and I don't want to look through a thousand disks again!

You'll have to try to figure out the instructions because I don't remember.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 18-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #52
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
The most serious is a strong tendency to crash not only DOSBox but the entire computer when DOSBox goes down.
Uh-oh. %() It must never to happen!

Maybe something wrong with your system in general? Failed memory? Failed HDD? Out of space on C disk?
Quote:
PS: I did manage to save a game (out of the blue that one) but loading the same game is not working, rendering the save game feature as useful as a car made of french fries.
Ouch. :|
Old 18-07-2017, 08:20 PM   #53
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
That's a shame. I do not have the game. However I used to place chess for 1 whole year seriously. It is one of those games where your skills go down if you don't use it often. At least that is the case with me so my skills are minimum. Did you know even a kid can beat me! It is true.

However chess games glitches are common. Somehow I got chessmaster status for 2 or 3 games and could never achieve it again.

I have a chess game somewhere in dos that was never widely realized. However I'll look for it. It is only for 2 players though so you need to play with someone.

I am putting my foot in my mouth since I am lazy and I don't want to look through a thousand disks again!

You'll have to try to figure out the instructions because I don't remember.
Well I could not find the one that I worked on. However for the time being you can play Rebel Decade. They do ask you to donate however I sent money in a Vietnamese New Years envelope to them once and they sent it back. This is one of my favourite games. It is well done in my opinion.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xh3...3/Rebel_Decade
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chess.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	2187  
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 18-07-2017, 08:30 PM   #54
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Just when I want something I couldn't find it. I need a disc organizer. Well I am too lazy to even organize my one thousand discs. It always end up being the last discs. Anyways if you really want my software someone on chess dot com should have it. I released it many years ago. However mine is very simple compared to the AI of this one I just presented! This one is also for DOSBox from the label.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:13 PM   #55
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Well..... I found it. An old forum that I used to be on still keeps a copy. I only saw 3 parts to it and rar it up. It should be in DOS. Just in case the previous program has copyright concerns you know I am allowing use of my software. The one on mediafire might be a little complicated. And so is mine. So take your pick. hehe
Attached Files
File Type: rar chess.rar (58.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 19-07-2017, 01:34 AM   #56
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Uh-oh. %() It must never to happen!

Maybe something wrong with your system in general? Failed memory? Failed HDD? Out of space on C disk?

Ouch. :|
Dear GrandMaster Spectre(man) . You will have to checkmate the bugs!

When you have insufficient RAM, your Operating System may freeze. The way is to reboot the PC and use a RAM optimizer.

Another situation that may cause Operating System crashes may be the blessed Motherboard or some incompatible Hardware or Drivers. The result will be a beautiful Blue Screen of Death. Maybe the failed Memory can also cause Blue Screen?

The failed HDD may cause the disk drive to be unrecognized. The HDD will “disappear” in the Operating System, and only being detected in BIOS setup. If the failure is in the main HDD, then I would not know how to answer.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 19-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #57
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Dear GrandMaster Spectre(man) . You will have to checkmate the bugs!

When you have insufficient RAM, your Operating System may freeze. The way is to reboot the PC and use a RAM optimizer.

Another situation that may cause Operating System crashes may be the blessed Motherboard or some incompatible Hardware or Drivers. The result will be a beautiful Blue Screen of Death. Maybe the failed Memory can also cause Blue Screen?

The failed HDD may cause the disk drive to be unrecognized. The HDD will “disappear” in the Operating System, and only being detected in BIOS setup. If the failure is in the main HDD, then I would not know how to answer.
That must be what was happening on my end. I have a cheap computer so it is only like 1 year old and it is HDD and memory failing already. Just recently it forced me to check memory when it is only 1 year old.

Being on welfare I cannot afford a MacBook Pro that is made of aluminum! I can only afford a cheap laptop to do the basics with. It only cost like $200 USD that any family can afford. Get what you pay for.

Just like today I cannot afford Win3.11 because my mother tells me either Snapple flavored drink or Win3.11. Being a diabetic I don't get much sugar so I chose Snapple yummy yummy
Old 19-07-2017, 02:12 AM   #58
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
That must be what was happening on my end. I have a cheap computer so it is only like 1 year old and it is HDD and memory failing already. Just recently it forced me to check memory when it is only 1 year old.

Being on welfare I cannot afford a MacBook Pro that is made of aluminum! I can only afford a cheap laptop to do the basics with. It only cost like $200 USD that any family can afford. Get what you pay for.

Just like today I cannot afford Win3.11 because my mother tells me either Snapple flavored drink or Win3.11. Being a diabetic I don't get much sugar so I chose Snapple yummy yummy
If you knew the cost of living here... and the costs of the products... here gives more emphasis to indirect taxes than direct taxes... for the bad luck of the most disadvantaged classes...

I think you should give preference to good and reliable brands. I always do this to avoid headache and more expenses with maintenance and repair of computer products.
Old 19-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #59
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
If you knew the cost of living here... and the costs of the products... here gives more emphasis to indirect taxes than direct taxes... for the bad luck of the most disadvantaged classes...

I think you should give preference to good and reliable brands. I always do this to avoid headache and more expenses with maintenance and repair of computer products.
Jesus Christ! I beg to differ... if you learn to purchase wisely you will save yourself a lot. For instance HP had a bad reputation for an accident years ago. A kid was playing and the power cord was bitten off somehow and the kid got shock. So now they sell HP computers for $200 at times (I have one). Bad reputation however for adults and wise people like you who knows to look for a good buy when you see it then it is really a matter of taking good care of what you have. You see... HP is trying really hard to recover from that blow with cheap prices. You get to use it almost like a MacBook Pro except it doesn't have the Mac side to it. I am stupid because I got scammed by my cousin who ask for 2 of my laptops when he already has enough stuffs of his own. So that's what I get for being trustworthy. I'm not complaining. It is just that I got ripped off when I should have been more careful. My point is you are right... the MacBook Pro is a better buy than the plastic HP. However I don't have the cash or money in any form to buy it unless I eat out of the trash! In fact I eat all my welfare money because my mother tells me I do# That is a good thing since I am growing and healthy 43 year old croaking young man. Anyways I saw a few COA and sealed Win3.11 for under $40 except they say it is not guaranteed delivery. Sigh!!! Now I am still waiting for Q+bert and it says shipped but when I do not know it will arrive if ever. Now you could imagine the embarrassment my mom must have and you know she is embarrass when her son still lives with her and plays Q+bert in the corner of the house. So now that I got you all confused I hope you keep a good head on your shoulder and always question yourself with "Is this person a good person? Can I trust what this person says and do? Or will it lead me down fatal paths like the guy/gal that died in Mortal Kombat and was trapped for a while actually forever hehe
Old 21-07-2017, 12:16 AM   #60
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face Step by Step in Control Panel in Windows XP / Windows 7

I noticed that the setting in the Control Panel of Windows 7 is similar to that of Windows XP. This setting deactivates the Automatic Restart of the Operating System if any action causes an error in the system.

In the case of Windows 10, I would not know how to configure it as I did downgrade to Windows 7. Windows 10 has some things that I do not like despite some superior features (better Windows Update, etc.).

Step by Step in Control Panel in Windows XP / Windows 7