Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-10-2010, 03:07 AM   #51
LizVac
Default Hi

Me again )
Anyone else get a frozen mouse about 10 minutes into game play? Any idea how to fix it? Read somewhere to not play in the high resolution option but playing otherwise isn't fun because it is too close. Hope I'm making sense and would love a solution.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #52
sl9
Lightbulb Mouse disappearing solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizVac View Post
Me again )
Anyone else get a frozen mouse about 10 minutes into game play? Any idea how to fix it? Read somewhere to not play in the high resolution option but playing otherwise isn't fun because it is too close. Hope I'm making sense and would love a solution.
You're not the only one. I'm running Windows 7 x64, and I *think* I have found a fix for this very annoying problem. right-click on your dosbox.exe, select "compatability" tab, make sure the "run as administrator" box is ticked and then select "run in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP3)". I played for a few hours and this setting seems OK, failing that try the other compatibility options (avoid Win95 and Win98 though, and NT4 may be a bit too slow so try Win2000 next).
Note: Applying

I will report back if this fix doesn't work, but I've been playing for about 2 hours now and it seems ok

Old 20-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #53
Ribon
Game freak

I'm having a weird problem with the mouse. When I ran the game on my laptop (Win XP, cheap laser mouse), I had no probs. But when I run it on my PC (Win 7 64-bit, compatibility mode set to XP SP3, G500 mouse), the mouse stutters at the beginning and fails to respond completely 5 minutes into the game.

Anyone has/had similar probs?
Ribon is offline                         Send a private message to Ribon
Old 22-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #54
Cold
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribon View Post
I'm having a weird problem with the mouse. When I ran the game on my laptop (Win XP, cheap laser mouse), I had no probs. But when I run it on my PC (Win 7 64-bit, compatibility mode set to XP SP3, G500 mouse), the mouse stutters at the beginning and fails to respond completely 5 minutes into the game.

Anyone has/had similar probs?

I confirm, I see tonight that using dosbox 0.74 "Theme Park" is almost unplayable because mouse stucks every minute, almost when the screen changes to "negotiation" or "research". The mode "Compatibility with old windows" of win7 is not working at all (as usual, "compatibility mode" of win7 it's almost useless) ... very very very bad thing, it was a great game I would like to replay tonight but with "mouse stucking" is impossible to play...
Cold is offline                         Send a private message to Cold
Old 23-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #55
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try a different (older) version of DOSBox.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #56
nyr56

If I remember correctly, to scroll around the map you would just put the mouse at the edge of the screen. This doesn't seem to work at all with DosBox, am I missing something? How do you all scroll around? Thanks!

Old 31-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #57
Unregistered9000
Default problem...

Ok this might be odd, but O downloaded the game, and yet I cannot roder any stock as "it's not the full version of the game", and yet even your printscreens show it works with you...
so why not with me..

Old 15-07-2014, 08:33 AM   #58
Ultroman

Smile There is a FIX for the MOUSE FREEZE problem.

There is a FIX for the MOUSE FREEZE problem.

See this post:
http://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?...195f4a#p263514
Ultroman is offline                         Send a private message to Ultroman