Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review

Last edited by Luchsen; 22-01-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 08-04-2004, 09:55 PM   #2
LotharGR
Super Freak

In my opinion its wrong for such games to be still sold... Of course the copyright holder can do anything that he wants with them, but such gems ( and when they are so old ) should have been left free.
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR
Old 08-04-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

I think just the opposit... it's good that old gems still can be found and bought... after all.. a supported game is better then an abandoned one... You can ALWAYS request support or get a new copy if your CD breaks...
Old 08-04-2004, 10:18 PM   #4
LotharGR
Super Freak

Here in Greece the only way you can find such an old game is via mail order. And the most annoying thing is that the companies that import games here have a weird opinion about adventures. They are almost banned. Even new adventures are hard to find. They import very few. I suppose that they do not sell very well... :P
Old 08-04-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Selling them on CDs one thing, but holding onto copyright is another pair of gloves. I also agree with Lotar that its unfair of big corporations such as Lucasarts to sell the game for USA territory ONLY, and thus dissalow everyone else from enjoying it. These game's time has past and they should be free for everyone to try and enjoy. Its simply intolerable for big companies to still try and earn profit from them. If someone just wants to try out such an old game, he should be able to do it freely, and the CD versions should be sold for hardcore lovers of the game / genre. They are the only potential buyers anyhow. I don't see any today's youngsters browsing through archives of old games and buying them on CDs.
Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 08-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
LotharGR
Super Freak

The only youngsters that are browsing for old games are the ones that are involved in abandonware, here in the internet. Noone is inderested as i believe in buying such old games. Or if there are some, they are very few. Most people play old games for nostalgia reasons... Its hard to give your money away simply for nostalgia.
Old 29-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #7
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by LotharGR@Apr 8 2004, 10:25 PM
The only youngsters that are browsing for old games are the ones that are involved in abandonware, here in the internet. Noone is inderested as i believe in buying such old games. Or if there are some, they are very few. Most people play old games for nostalgia reasons... Its hard to give your money away simply for nostalgia.
well I bought the original red alert a month ago
then again it was cheaper than a sandwhich
Old 19-11-2004, 08:50 AM   #8
Dick van der Velde

One of the best adventures ever. I used to have a copy of the game, but hey disks deteriorate. So I'm glad I didn't have to buy it again but was able to find a 'backup' on the Internet.

Old 17-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
thefreshmaker

Talking Great Game!

Great Game! Just completed it. My brother brought me an almost mint boxed floppy set for three pounds in our local charity shop.:thumbs:
thefreshmaker is offline                         Send a private message to thefreshmaker
Old 20-12-2004, 09:02 PM   #10
kronos6
Lurker

great game......i once had the lucas arts pack with fate of atlantis, sam and max and day of the tentacle together.....lost the damn pack......wish i could find it again
kronos6 is offline                         Send a private message to kronos6