Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-10-2005, 01:03 PM   #41
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I decided to try and finish this game in the regular way once again (since I haven't yet, and it seems virtually nobody has) but after downloading it, I get a strage "unknown compression method" when I try to unzip the archive. I get this error in "winzip" as well as in "winrar". does anyone else get this error, or does anyone have a solution for it?
thanks in advance
Sounds like an old Horseman archive... wait, I am Horseman...
Apologies, then. Open the file using WinZip/WinRar interfact rather then using the context menu shortcuts.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #42
BurningPanther

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Oct 20 2005, 01:03 PM
Quote:
I decided to try and finish this game in the regular way once again (since I haven't yet, and it seems virtually nobody has) but after downloading it, I get a strage "unknown compression method" when I try to unzip the archive. I get this error in "winzip" as well as in "winrar". does anyone else get this error, or does anyone have a solution for it?
thanks in advance
Sounds like an old Horseman archive... wait, I am Horseman...
Apologies, then. Open the file using WinZip/WinRar interfact rather then using the context menu shortcuts.
Thanks, that did the trick,
now I'm off to fight mysterio once again k:
BurningPanther is offline                         Send a private message to BurningPanther
Old 14-11-2005, 06:03 AM   #43
wade 486DX266 LAPTOP
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to wade 486DX266 LAPTOP

i got this game on a regular 3.5 disk for a buck at an illegal shop in my town the guy was offering hundreds of em for a buck, A buck, A BUCK!!!!!!!!
FOR A GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
wade 486DX266 LAPTOP is offline                         Send a private message to wade 486DX266 LAPTOP
Old 06-12-2005, 01:48 PM   #44
Xyzzy

Quote:
Originally posted by BurningPanther@Oct 19 2005, 06:41 PM
thanks in advance
I got this bug while unzipping! I can't unzip : unknown format. Any other game here unzips perfectly, though! Could someone help?

Old 06-12-2005, 02:28 PM   #45
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Three. Goddamn. Posts. Above. Yours.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #46
Destroier

There's a walkthrough in game faqs, but neither the guy that made it could get past the ''press the heads of the man sitting in the tables in the correct combination and unlock the ceiling of the level ''cheers'''' puzzle of the take 4. Can someone say me what combination to use? The mans are so far from ''cheers'' that is hard to figure out... :crazy: :crazy:

Very very good game, by the way k:
Destroier is offline                         Send a private message to Destroier
Old 06-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #47
Just Me

Oh man! I may still have my box, 3.5 floppy, and character page to answer the authentication questions at the start of the game. I'll have to check my closet of old stuff.

I got this back in '89 or '90 and played it nearly continuously until I won.

A pox on you people for reminding me of this game. Now I'll have to search my house for it!

Old 19-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #48
opaulo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Destroier @ Apr 6 2006, 02:57 PM) [snapback]220035[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There's a walkthrough in game faqs, but neither the guy that made it could get past the ''press the heads of the man sitting in the tables in the correct combination and unlock the ceiling of the level ''cheers'''' puzzle of the take 4. Can someone say me what combination to use? The mans are so far from ''cheers'' that is hard to figure out... :crazy: :crazy:

Very very good game, by the way k:
[/b]

did you ever figure this one out?
I'm stuck there too

Old 20-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #49

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marco @ Oct 19 2005, 11:00 PM) [snapback]170155[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
To be true, killing Mysterio in the "regular" way is not so easy at all!

For the one who is stuck near take 6, you're almost arrived!
[/b]
can you tell me which guys hat to hit in behind bars and how to do it?
please.

Old 20-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #50

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 20 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]244066[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marco @ Oct 19 2005, 11:00 PM) [snapback]170155[/snapback]
Quote:
To be true, killing Mysterio in the "regular" way is not so easy at all!

For the one who is stuck near take 6, you're almost arrived!
[/b]
can you tell me which guys hat to hit in behind bars and how to do it?
please.
[/b][/quote]

I figured it out. For those who are still stuck.......
hit all the guys hats in take 4 except for the bottom two on the right in behind bars
getting to the bottom two on the left is hard but not impossible
jump off of the plank as you shoot a web up and left at the top blue switch
it might help to slow the game down just a bit

now can anyone help me with puzzle room??!?!?!??