Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-10-2006, 01:42 PM   #31
chainsoar
Master Debater

After a retro FPS fest the other night, which finished after several hours of Blood, Quake 2 and Doom 2 at about 2am I found myself looking nervously at every shadow and making my way up the stairs to my room really quick after turning the downstairs lights off. Weird for a guy who revels in horror and gore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 28-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #32
duckpatch
Game freak

What about "Alone in the Dark 1"... played with the music up, at night with a thunderstorm and rain.. in the DARK!

Talk about scary..
duckpatch is offline                         Send a private message to duckpatch
Old 29-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #33
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

Call of Cthulhu was definitely spooky. Gilman the hotel manager is better than Silent Hill's Colin the Janitor to me eveeen. Many places in CoC make you think...exiiit...stage leeft! Silent Hill is pretty cool also. I liked the scene with the cat in the locker. I might have to check out Vampire the masquerade. The only game to give me nightmares EVER is Banjo-Kazooie, and I don't know how. Go figure.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 29-10-2006, 04:26 AM   #34
JimmyJ
Game Wizzard

What about system shock 2? That game gave me a few scares
JimmyJ is offline                         Send a private message to JimmyJ
Old 30-10-2006, 12:04 PM   #35
Morrin
Underground

Last time where I experienced a "almost shitted in my pants" experience, was in Condemned: criminal origins. The mood is very paranoid in it too. You never know when you are getting some leadpipe at you not to mention from what direction.

Also, talking about bloodlines, the haunted hotel was hellofa scary. I think what scared the muck out of me more was the tzimisce fleshcrafted monsters that blasted through doors making this infernal balls shaking screaming.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 30-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #36
nace
Abandonia nerd

Location: Kavadarci, Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vendermarch @ Oct 26 2006, 11:08 PM) [snapback]263731[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I find translating some reviews here at abandonia downright scary allright, but that's another matter.

The dense atmosphere in Silent Hill series is what I call "scary". Maybe disturbing would be a better word. I like games which don't resort to cheap tricks like: (silence) BOOO - Be scared now!
I mean games which you play, (and you dont have to fall from a chair or something) and feel uneasy wondering what the hell is that strange shape you see in your living room. k:
[/b]
Yup. k: That will be Silent Hill 4.
Great atmosphere, with great graphics and great sound too.
nace is offline                         Send a private message to nace
Old 30-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #37
HappyGamer
Abandonia nerd

I agree with DuckPatch that alone in the dark is the one made me have to take a dump almost the entire game. To this day if you ask me what the scariest game is? It is Alone In The Dark Great amophere and sounds that send chills up my spine. This one is a classic amd without it we may never have seen great games such as Resdient Evil and Slient Hill.
HappyGamer is offline                         Send a private message to HappyGamer