Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Abandonia Case Files
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
TheAsterite

Default [Bugamn] Palace of Deceit

I need help remembering the name of this game that came on a 2 disc compilation I received from my dad's friend in the late 90s.

It revolved around some type of lizard man escaping from a dungeon, and one of the puzzles I distinctly remember was disarming some type of trap in a doorway by pressing one of four color buttons.

It was a windows game though I'm not exactly sure which version. The earliest I can remember running it on was windows XP. If it helps the compilation had other games like Hugo 1, 2, and 3, as well as castle of the winds.

Last edited by TheAsterite; 28-08-2013 at 02:49 AM. Reason: typo
TheAsterite is offline                         Send a private message to TheAsterite
Old 28-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Bugamn
Abandonia nerd

If the same compilation included Hugo and Castle of the Wind I'd guess it was for windows 3.11.

Do you remember anything more about the adventure? Had it "verbs" for actions, or maybe "icons", like an eye for looking? Or maybe it didn't have different actions, you either interacted or not.
Bugamn is offline                         Send a private message to Bugamn
Old 29-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
TheAsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugamn View Post
If the same compilation included Hugo and Castle of the Wind I'd guess it was for windows 3.11.

Do you remember anything more about the adventure? Had it "verbs" for actions, or maybe "icons", like an eye for looking? Or maybe it didn't have different actions, you either interacted or not.
I'm pretty sure it was you either interacted with it or not. The first room in the game had you trying to escape from a prison cell and you sort of had to pixel hunt for the solution.
TheAsterite is offline                         Send a private message to TheAsterite
Old 29-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Bugamn
Abandonia nerd

Was it Palace of Deceit?

Funny thing how I played this game so young that I never knew the protagonist was a dragon.
Bugamn is offline                         Send a private message to Bugamn
Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #5
TheAsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugamn View Post
Was it Palace of Deceit?

Funny thing how I played this game so young that I never knew the protagonist was a dragon.
Holy cow, you got it!

Thanks a ton. All I need to do is see if I can get it running. Harder said than done. One of these days I'll dual boot xp and win 7 or something so I can play stuff like Castle of the Winds and this.