Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-05-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Red Dead Redemption

anyone have this yet? Im thinking about getting it, because i like Wild West theme'd stuff, and it's based in the early 1900's in a dying wild west, and because of books like the Crossing and All the Pretty Ponies, im interested in Wild West Stuff again (and those books are set in like the 1930s!)

But im worried that, since it is rock start, it'll be Grand Theft Auto, but with Horsey's instead of cars, and random stupid violence and all that :\

But i really want it just cause it's wild west! Decisions decisions!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 26-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #2
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have it Fubb and am really loving it. It's GTA in the wild west in a way, cause you can be a violent outlaw, but it isn't in that you can also be a good guy. The game has an honour meter, something are honourable (like saving a victim from bandits) and others not (like killing a innocent person, or stealing something.).

The game is in the theme of the movies by Sergio Leone. If you really like westerns I would get it, I have found the game to be full of references and in jokes, and to be alot of fun.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 26-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

yea reading up on it, and it's 1911! Thats a cool time, and i get a Colt .45 Model 1911, naturally!

Also the other stuff i've read, like not having to kill to get money and stuff is sounding awesome! Think ima get it for PS3 (i don't have a 360 and it's not on PC sadly)

The Wild West is awesome, now i wanna watch Young Guns again

Edit: The only thing im afraid of is the Nudity, cause well, my parents would flip :\ And honestly without some sort of story relate thing i think nudity is stupid in a game, E.G God Father 2's random topless girls running about the place.

We ate the horse.

Last edited by Fubb; 26-05-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 26-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #4
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

This is a time period where you don't see nude people very often, and I still havn't seen any so far. Well one girl had her top ripped open, but she still had a indershirt on, which makes sense she that is what they wore back then. Even the hookers are wearing a full suit, and you can't do anything with them since you are married. So no need to fear.

The multiplayer is pretty cool to, the lobby is a open free world to wander around in.

The game itself as a similar feel to GUN, but alot better.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 26-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

I'm waiting to see if my brother gets it so I don't have to. He'll probably get it for PS3 even though I heard the graphics are worse, and a couple screenshot comparisons I saw confirmed it (like less shrubs and plants on the ground). The 360 recently RRODed... it's a POS.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 26-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Yea i think in some cases the 360 is more powerful, cause i notice games like splinter cell have FPS drops on PS3 where as on 360 it runs smoother, meh, still good graphics too me, i don't discriminate, i just don't own a 360

In all reality though, it prolbably just has a lower resolution, i think quite a few PS3 games have lower resolutions (like 10 or 20%) then there xbox 360 counterparts,meaning the image just won't be as sharp, ya know?

anyways, ima ordering it asap

We ate the horse.
Old 26-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

im wondering if theres a way to turn the Quincunx Anti-Aliasing off for the PS3 and replace it with 2x multisampling AA, cause apparently the PS3's QAA blurs everything, where as 2x M AA only blurs object borders to make things smoother, but probably not :\ oooh well, graphical things don't actually bother me unless I actually think of them!

We ate the horse.
Old 27-05-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

My PS3 has the same resolution as my 360, and normally games look better on it. The problem is normally your PS3 won't go to it's best resolution on your TV, or the programers of the game have been lazy and not programed the game to use the PS3's power. As a side note some people fake those side by sides to make one console look worse, fanboys tend to be a little over zealous. Any way the game is very good, and you should get it Fubb, might see you online oneday...sorry if I shoot you dead.
Old 27-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
Maxor127
Game Wizzard

Main reason I'd get PS3 version is because of free online. That reminds me... I need to win Demon's Souls.
Maxor127 is offline                         Send a private message to Maxor127
Old 27-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I am really enjoying the online, you're not forced to play with others if you don't want but can if you do. There are lot's of different match types as well as an open free roam world. And leveling up is not too hard at all, but I do recommend that you to the Challanges in your online Journal first as they award alot of XP for what is a very easy job.