Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-07-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
Kuisoon11

Question Google Chrome Problem!

Alright. Hello everybody. As everyone here may know. Our beautiful, majestic, wonderful, trustworthy firefox, has been unexpectedly crashing at random times and has become quiet a nuisance for many people. My solution. Download Google Chrome. People say its alot faster and will not slow down your computer as much when its running. So I thought, sounds wonderful. Sadly this plan has not worked quite as I expected.

The moment I downloaded Google Chrome and had the pop-up "Run Google Chrome" I clicked the button, the browser opened, and guess what I got... diddily squat! Nothing! The front page won't load, no other pages I go to load. NOTHING! I re-installed numerous times and still got the same result. I restarted my computer, shut down my firewall, ran a virus scan, everything! Does anyone have any clue how I can fix this rather annoying problem?

Thank you for your time.
Kuisoon11 is offline                         Send a private message to Kuisoon11
Old 05-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Hi there odd person.

(you should have texted me that stuff about nothing showing up)

Have you updated Flash recently or anything like that? Cause if it's just simple pictures or videos and all that it may be flash.

Or do you mean nothing loads at all? Like the pages just stay blank?

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 05-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This is obviously a problem on your end. Something don't work on your computer anymore, or you got some spyware/malware/whatever in your computer.

Try downloading popular anti-spyware programs and make then run.

Then, when you solve your problem by whatever mean, please do yourself a favor and go get Adblock and Noscript for your FF browser.

That will save you more than a lot of trouble.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

no clue why your chrome doesn't work but you can always try either getting opera or this wonderful plugin for firefox which removes lag
Old 05-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
Kuisoon11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
This is obviously a problem on your end. Something don't work on your computer anymore, or you got some spyware/malware/whatever in your computer.

Try downloading popular anti-spyware programs and make then run.

Then, when you solve your problem by whatever mean, please do yourself a favor and go get Adblock and Noscript for your FF browser.

That will save you more than a lot of trouble.
I am almost 100% positive its not a virus, I have a very good reliable virus scanner and malware/spyware protection and scanner. I know for a fact my computer is not infected. But thanks for the suggestions... I will try Adblock and noscript if that will stop mozilla from crashing... but I would still like to get google chrome up and running :\
Kuisoon11 is offline                         Send a private message to Kuisoon11
Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Actually... NoScript and AdBlock will keep your FF (and your computer) from getting in harm's way instead of throwing them into the fray and patching them up later on.

It is much, much more effective and much, much safer that way.

BTW, you can never be sure that it is not some kind of malware which is causing your problem if you are part of the vast majority of the web population who visit Facebook daily and don't block the ads. In the short year I've been on Facebook regularly, I must have heard a dozain different ad strikes which really pissed off a lot of users and damaged their software in some way or another (the usual is to have your browser randomly redirect you to publicity sites).

The only real protection you can have against that is not to visit the site in question or load the publicity altogether. This is why browsers now have the "untrusted sites" option now, which ask you if you really want to go visit really untrusted sites... Which basically do the same thing than AdBlock and NoScript: prevent what you don't want to run in your computer to get there in the first place.

Note for AdBlock: you will probably need to block everything manually at first. But as you block more and more ad sites directly at the source, there will come a time when you will barely see them at all anymore. There even come times when I get surprised to see a big chunk of stupid publicity appear in front of me when I visit new sites... I always think that the site looks so much better when they are gone.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Actually... NoScript and AdBlock will keep your FF (and your computer) from getting in harm's way instead of throwing them into the fray and patching them up later on.
that's right, and if you throw your computer out of your window you will be getting no viruses at all

what are you waiting for kuisoon? throw your pc out of the window as soon as you can

by the way,
@I will try Adblock and noscript if that will stop mozilla from crashing...
> no, they will not prevent your firefox from crashing. get the vacuum places plugin i linked you to, update to latest firefox and you're good to go

Last edited by _r.u.s.s.; 06-07-2010 at 03:52 AM.
_r.u.s.s. is offline                         Send a private message to _r.u.s.s.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
Kuisoon11

Alright thanks everyone. That seems like a great way to keep firefox running.... but does no one know how to fix my google chrome problem because I would really love to have it instead of firefox... just for a try anyways... But again thanks for the help with firefox!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
ayoeness
Sleep doll, mommy's mining

Look on the bright side: chrome works really bad with this Forum.
Crowley had been extremely impressed with the warranties offered by the computer industry, and had in fact sent a bundle Below to the department that drew up the Immortal Soul agreements, with a yellow memo form attached just saying: "Learn, guys."
ayoeness is offline                         Send a private message to ayoeness
Old 06-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
eugene425
Game Wizzard

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoeness View Post
Look on the bright side: chrome works really bad with this Forum.
I do not know, I do not use them.
eugene425 is offline                         Send a private message to eugene425