Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #251
Straitjacket

Ah, cheers... I just thought asking a real person might be a bit more accessible

(Let the mocking commence!)

Now if only I can figure out how to save...
Straitjacket is offline                         Send a private message to Straitjacket
Old 16-04-2008, 04:43 PM   #252
Kitsuneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitjacket View Post
Check the manual, but I think it's T or something similar, because that's how you take a piece of meat from a carcass...
Yeah, I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work on the smaller animals (rabbits and beavers), usually they just gobble it down automatically. I don't know, maybe it's something only the computer wolves can do?

Also, saving. It took me a while to figure this out myself, but hit space, and on the lower options screen, at the bottom of the screen, between the player wolf and pack wolves images, a small "options" button should pop up when you mouse over it. From there you can save it.
Kitsuneko is offline                         Send a private message to Kitsuneko
Old 02-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #253
Zero_dragon
Lurker

this game is really cool!
Zero_dragon is offline                         Send a private message to Zero_dragon
Old 02-07-2008, 11:01 PM   #254
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

you know when you go on a seperate free scneario thingie, where you choose your climate zone, and can edit your habitat so it's big maps, lots of humans, no humans, lots of food, etc...

Can you save? If so, how?
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 29-07-2008, 01:17 AM   #255
Skiff
Lurker

Default Pups. :)

Ok. I have done a little experimenting.

To answer most of your questions, I have found out how to get pups on wolf! :O omg!
Ok. You dont need to ask your mate or anything. Just wait until your wolf is whatever year, and 9 months. Then the Alpha should ask you. Then wait another 3 months, and your pups are born!
When naming them, they don't give you the gender. The gender comes in this order.
Male, Female, Male, Female. Depending on how many pups are born.
This should solve everyone's question, since mating is th biggest confusion in wolf. Good luck! :) (and the quickest way to get pups, is in the plains.)

This question may have been asked before... but. I'll ask anyways,

Is there any way to delete a saved game? If so, please post. :)

Thanks.
-Nikki
Skiff is offline                         Send a private message to Skiff
Old 29-07-2008, 04:57 AM   #256
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiff View Post
Is there any way to delete a saved game? If so, please post.
Handy things, a readme .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf readme.txt
3. If you have saved a large number of "Wolf" games, you may wish to delete
some of them after awhile, to free up disk space. To do this, simply
delete these saved games files from the directory you chose during
installation of "Wolf".
Warning: Be careful, do not delete something else. You can delete just
files with extentions: *.IPA, *.IPF, *.IPP, *.WNA, *,WNF, *.WNP,
*.LTA, *,LTF, *.LTP, *.SMA, *,SMF, *.SMP.
[Edit]
BTW, you always can find out for any game where the save files are by looking in explorer with 'details' enabled, the dates will tell you .....

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*

Last edited by dosraider; 29-07-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Must be bored, me and myself .... :)
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #257
PixiesKitty

Default Issues finding water

I have issues finding water in the first timber scenario, any tips?
PixiesKitty is offline                         Send a private message to PixiesKitty
Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 PM   #258
powdernsky

Quote:
I have issues finding water in the first timber scenario, any tips?
Try to move in 'zig-zags' if you're having trouble with hunters. It makes a really, really big difference.

I haven't actually completed the scenario yet, though- because the game is on my [currently] "messed-up" computer- so, when I complete it, I can tell you the quickest way to get some water. :laugh:
powdernsky is offline                         Send a private message to powdernsky
Old 15-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #259
iamnotlizking

Default some answer stuff and question

I was looking through the internet to see if anyone was discussing this game and found this forum. I've been playing this game since i was about six and have passed a lot of it so I thought I'd share some knowledge if this forum is still active.

1. Can I be a lone wolf?
A.Nope. You are required to have at least 1 other wolf in your pack--it can only occur when the rest of your pack has died. Ex: say you are an alpha male and everyone in your pack dies. The game assigns you a lone wolf as your alpha female and when you mate your pack will be repopulated with your cubs.

2. How do I hunt?
A. Basically, you chase your prey until you can get close enough to click on it and bring it down. If you are hunting larger prey, it is better to hunt in a group because your pack members will increase your strength. Always look for animals that are weak or wounded (they will have a limp). NEVER EVER try to bring down a big animal without the help of your pack, you will wind up injured and then if another wolf challenges you--even if you submit--you will be killed. Also, make sure you only kill if you absolutely have to. The more you play the game, the more scarce prey becomes.

3. Killing Cows
A. You can only kill cows at night. Hunters will not appear if a cow is killed at night but they will if you attack or kill the cow in broad daylight. However, if you make a habit of killing cows at night you will ultimately bring more hunters/planes/helicopters into your territory.

4. Mating
A. You can only mate if your an Alpha pair. You both must be in perfect health in an area where there is no threat of danger and it must be the correct season. A season consists of 3 full moons (months), so it is good to keep track of this by watching how full the moon is at night. Also, you can judge how long you've been playing by changes in your wolf's age, provided you know the age the wolf was when you started playing the game. ALSO, whenever a new season occurs, it will tell you in the menu where your wolf's stats are located EX-"It's going to be a cold winter".

5.Can you play your cubs?
A. No. Your cubs will join your pack when they are old enough to hunt, follow you, fight for hierarchy, etc. If more cubs are born, when those cubs are old enough, they will join your pack. Because packs can only be a certain size, your previous litter of cubs will leave the pack as lone wolves to make room for the new arrivals. Cubs will never be added to the list of playable wolves (which kind of upsets me but oh well.)

6. The mist/dog icon showing in senses
A. This icon is described in the gaming manual as an unknown scent. It could be a hunter, prey, another wolf, or a carcass but it is either too far away or the wolf can't identify it.

7. How can I tell buried meat from a trap?
A. Unless you know you buried the meat yourself, you can't tell if it is a trap or not. Sometimes wolves are able to break free of the trap, but most times you just die.

Okay, now I have some questions:
1. I'm running my Wolf cd on a windows XP. Unfortunately, my sound and music hasn't worked since Dos became XP. Is there any way to adjust or download something so that I can at least tell when a plane is about to shoot me haha?

2. Has anyone passed the "Migrate Your Pack" scenario for the tundra? I've tried several times to move my pack toward where the rivers and abundance of prey is (something like 100 miles from the den) but my pack always wants to run back to the old territory like a bunch of morons.

3. And just for fun, What is your favorite playable wolf character???
iamnotlizking is offline                         Send a private message to iamnotlizking
Old 15-08-2008, 04:14 PM   #260
iamnotlizking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusher_PL View Post
Hi, anyone achive alpha status in expert artic scenario - the last one - rise the alpha status? tell me plz how to fight with other wolfes?
Make sure your health/food/drink is as full as it can be. Fight lower ranking pack members first. Once you reach Beta, replenish your health with food and drink before you challenge the alpha. You should be able to defeat him.
iamnotlizking is offline                         Send a private message to iamnotlizking