Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2015, 02:20 AM   #1
Ozcrash

Default lost vehicle and weapon building 2d platformer game

Hi guys,

I looked around but didn't see it.

So there is this game, that I cannot provide any pic of because I completely forgot the name..

It was a 2d side-scrolling platformer. As you advanced the whole game, you were able to build weapons (such as bazooka at some point) and vehicles (tanks, aeroplanes) and then take control of them. They didn't last too long, they were involved in puzzles, and they were very fun to play with and kill the enemies with their features. Other than that, the main guy you control was a soldier-like figure, if I'm not wrong.

If I remember it right, the first level starts outside this guy's hut-like house near the sea. The game overall consisted of green areas.

If I remember right, people looked like lego people a bit. But not exactly. Just like they kinda looked "plugged in" of their body parts...

I played the game in early 2000s. It was made in late 90s I would guess. It was on PC. Don't know if it was DOS. I remember the graphics too modern to be DOS. I suppose I played it on Win 98, not sure.

That's all I can remember. Such a lost memory from my childhood.
If any of you know anything, please provide any information possible!

Cheers
Ozcrash is offline                         Send a private message to Ozcrash
Old 13-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The only game where you play as person and can build tanks that I know of is 1998 BattleZone, but what you described sounds much less serious than Battlezone, like Lego Battlezone or something Sounds very interesting.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-04-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Ozcrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
The only game where you play as person and can build tanks that I know of is 1998 BattleZone, but what you described sounds much less serious than Battlezone, like Lego Battlezone or something Sounds very interesting.
Well I said it's a 2D side-scroller, so that's not it. :/
Ozcrash is offline                         Send a private message to Ozcrash
Old 17-04-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yeah, but it is better to try, you don't know what it maight trigger

So, could it be one of the Metal Slug games? If not, does is it similar?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river