Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-10-2004, 01:37 AM   #31
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Alright, installed the game and ran the registery thing... Now how can I save?

All my attemps failed miserably. I even tryied to save on a floppy, but all what is says (even at end of year at auto-save) is "Game Save Failed"...

It's quite enjoyable to play TTD again, but without saving it's quite pointless... :blink:
Old 20-10-2004, 08:22 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Oct 19 2004, 11:40 PM
Quote:
am not sure where computer gets so much moeny to build so many railways and bridges.
Rairoad is the way to go to get big cash quick and for a long time. All you need is to find a good supply of a certain good which is moderatly far from the buying destination (price goes up steadily as distance increase) then build a railroad between the two. You will probably need to have a nice loan to do it, but the cash should get in steadily and nicely.

As the game continue, you should rapidly have enough cash for another railroad under the same circomstances (this time, if you are lucky, without a loan) and as long as you keep upgrading the trains so it takes less time to do the trip and that you build your railroad run correctly, you should be able to easily create a railroad empire all over the map and by the time you hit the big airports and the big planes (in the future era) you should have enough money to build airports all over the place...
aha bug was fixed.
i saw a patch here: http://www.ttdpatch.net/

which aside from bugfixes and windows gameplay it also offers a variety of other cool stuff. like building on slopes, queuing of trucks, building next to already built station.
is it possible to re-patch it to this version?

i now saw how computer got his money. one of them seemd to be plaing wihout loan (maybe he got lucky) while some other competitiors had a loan of 700.000$ :ranting:

the highest loan was set to 500.000 so how did they got a higher loan? a no matter since i am playing for fun on easy and since i already bought (merged) my biggest rival no one can stop me now.....

hmm why did the game start in 50's? is there a setting i missed?

as for savegame problem i dont' have it but my first advice would be to check the game files attributes in case they are not read only or something.
perhaps then a redownload of the game would be in place (especially if oyu have fast internet connection) since there might be errors in the zip file.

Old 23-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #33
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

Funny.....I wonde why your saves aren't working? Mine seem to be working ok. Annoyingly, the game has crashed twice on me whilst playing the Scotland map (in the 1960s, after I'd built up quite a lot of stuff).
Old 24-10-2004, 04:11 AM   #34
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Use the last autosave then? By default it should save at every 1st of January
Old 28-10-2004, 02:26 AM   #35
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

For the record saving seems to work fine now. I guess something got messed up when or after I watched the tutorials.
Old 03-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #36
KB

I downloaded this game from abandonia site and its not working. I followed the instructions (imported the registry file) but still cant run the game. I have XP sytem. When i try to start te game by clickin "Trasport Tycoon Deluxe.exe" file, the command line just blinks and thats it. Running "TTconfig.exe" doesnt help either - the "Game Installation Error" appears which says "Unable to access Transport Tycoon Deluxe CD!". Whats goin on? Could somebody help me? Thanx

Old 03-11-2004, 10:39 AM   #37
Razor2
Abandonia nerd

I'm not totally sure, but if I remember right TTD is not compatible with winXP. I only played it with TTDpatch, which is. So I would advise you to download the patch from TTDPatch.net. It has lot of extra features too, like more realism, more vehicles and a lot more.
Old 03-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #38
KB

Hmm... It looks to me like its already patched :/ Strange... TT is awesome game, its a pity i cant play it.
Thanx anyway.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:24 PM   #39
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor2@Nov 3 2004, 11:39 AM
I'm not totally sure, but if I remember right TTD is not compatible with winXP. I only played it with TTDpatch, which is. So I would advise you to download the patch from TTDPatch.net. It has lot of extra features too, like more realism, more vehicles and a lot more.
This is the patched version. If this doesn't work, the patched one won't either obviously

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 03-11-2004, 04:31 PM   #40
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You probably downloaded the original DOS version. Download Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Windows.

If it is the right program, I myself always need to click before seeing anything. I think the demo is quite messed up and it might be your problem. There is probably a way to get the game running without watching the demo, but I have no clue yet about this. I'll check later on, right now I'm on Lunch break.