Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #21
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Does this mean you are having trouble finding a copy? I can help with that...
Two problems, actually, surge. You need to have a) the game and b) the review+screenshots to make entry on site. Theoretically speaking, it's possible to put game only, without review... but in practice even games with review not always appears. But without game nothing will start at all, yes.
Old 25-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #22
surge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Two problems, actually, surge. You need to have a) the game and b) the review+screenshots to make entry on site. Theoretically speaking, it's possible to put game only, without review... but in practice even games with review not always appears. But without game nothing will start at all, yes.
a) is not a problem, obviously. I'm not sure about the 195 page manual. I don't have a scanner, but maybe there's a PDF copy on one of the disks somewhere. I can easily check if it matters...

as for b) Well, if that happens, you know where to find me.
If my 1 sentence review will do: "It's a 1990s version of EVE online.", and screenshots should still be floating around somewhere, although I can be convinced to take a couple if you really need (I just got it working recently, which is why I found this thread).

Actually, I'm a little confused about this thread anyway - abandonia is supposedly for DOS games, but Terminus is a multiplatform windows/mac/linux game. Did posters not know this and it is a problem?

All that said, I'd hate to see it lost to time forever. It is one of the few space games that doesn't dumb space travel down to levels that insult my intelligence. Sadly, that's probably why it didn't sell that well either

Last edited by surge; 25-08-2016 at 12:23 AM.
surge is offline                         Send a private message to surge
Old 25-08-2016, 08:20 AM   #23
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
a) is not a problem, obviously. I'm not sure about the 195 page manual. I don't have a scanner, but maybe there's a PDF copy on one of the disks somewhere. I can easily check if it matters...
Well, for the start, it's not obligatory (even if desired . And anyway, in the very worst case, there is always the HOTU manual that seems like quite a faithful scan (but without decorations and pictures - are they here?).
Quote:
Actually, I'm a little confused about this thread anyway - abandonia is supposedly for DOS games, but Terminus is a multiplatform windows/mac/linux game. Did posters not know this and it is a problem?
Abandonia is for _old_ games. It was mostly DOS in early 2000s, just because there wasn't anything else. While time passes, 2000s game become old enough too.