Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #21
ianfreddie07
wat

Now to answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by David86
That's a step forward
This is positive, I think you could find many friends with a big smile in your face, work on the things you like, on your interests, share opinions with other, be funny and be yourself
Thanks Dave. That may just be the key to having a better high school life.

Gregor and Tulac: Thanks for the kicking suggestion, but no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman
Find a solution to stop, certainly.
That doesn't mean you have to stop it with your own hands, of course.
Hmmm... What solution do you have in mind Fifth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch999
Bullying stops eventually. And tell a school counselor about it. These things can be fixed. Most schools have a very strict Anti-bullying policy.
I know it will stop... eventually... LOL
Our school has that strict policy but nobody follows it here, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I'd say you're on the right path, but I'd definitely do more than just take it easy. I was bullied when I was younger, and I got through with a big smile and a sense of humour. That, and I kneeled a huge guy in the nuts for insulting my mother. He respected me after that, and we're pretty much buddies now.

In your case, it might not be over after just a year, but keep in mind that all these bullies are doing is trying to hide their own insecurity and get the respect they so deeply desire.
That's well-said. What do I do more than just taking it easy?
I second your opinion on bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s.
how are you being "bullied"?

i think you mis-expressed yourself and you mean calling names or whatever, which is common, and not actual beating or serious stuff, or do you?
Mis-expression. I accidentally hit myself on the head with a book and the rest is a sad history. Now I get picked on, called names, disrespected, teased. Very common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hahajejeje
O my,i remember wen they kick my --- all the time,only because they were bigger and older than me,no wait...they still kick my --- because they are much stronger and older
Y think than david is right,you need to bully other people for feel you good,you can make friends !!
I feel your pain. I'm quite the skinny one, too. But I don't think bullying other people is necessary. :amused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan
Trying to solve a problem with a bully, by kicking them in the nuts, will only escalate the problem. I know if someone kicked me in the nuts as "revenge" I wouldn't stop until someone draged me away from the body of the "offender".
Quoted for Truth.

Quote:
a guy with a verry real and serrious problem (been there myself, from grade 2 to 9)
Whoa. Really? What happened in your experience?

Quote:
The way you can fight back, is by beeing better then they are.
first rule is to NEVER kick someone who has been beaten to the floor.... never... Have that sence of honor.
But the golden rule is ALWAYS; Walk away... just ignore and walk away. Say nothing.. don't look at them.. just ignore.
After a while, they loose intrest as they don't get any responce.
Quoted for more Truth. :nuts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire
Bullying never stops.

When I moved from secondary school to CEGEP, I thought people would be way more mature... Hell no.

I went to an adult school once, to learn a trade. I expected those adults to behave like adults... Hell no!

School is the kingdom of bullies. It will probably never change.

The only way around it is to either accept or work(ignore) around it, or to be the one bulying the others. Trying to find ways to stop it yourself is only going to get you into trouble on every side.

I speak from experience.
WTF? Immaturity in adults? You are right on school being the bully's kingdom... I'm currently going with accepting it and ignoring it...
Old 16-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Hmmm... What solution do you have in mind Fifth?
Manipulating someone else to do what you want while thinking they are acting in their own interest.

Failing that, revenge can also be an option if you need it to feel better. Slow-acting laxatives, for example.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #23
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfreddie07 View Post
Now I get picked on, called names, disrespected, teased. Very common.
and are you sure it's not your own fault? by what you usually say in chatbox you are well.. kind of self-attention seeking
Old 16-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #24
ianfreddie07
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s.
and are you sure it's not your own fault? by what you usually say in chatbox you are well.. kind of self-attention seeking
It is my fault for having done such a silly thing... Though I admit I did not expect to get that much of a reception after just hitting myself with a book on the head. I just expected "Oh well, this will be forgotten soon..." but it didn't happen.

Self-attention seeking? *ponders* Yep. I am like that. Maybe it's because I have a few friends who actually understand my situation.
Old 16-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
Tulac
Union Leader

Well uhm wait out a week or two, kids will forget it.
Tulac is offline                         Send a private message to Tulac
Old 17-01-2009, 04:34 AM   #26
ianfreddie07
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulac
Well uhm wait out a week or two, kids will forget it.
I've been waiting for almost 3 years for it to stop...
Old 17-01-2009, 04:49 AM   #27
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Bullies are much more likely to opress you when they see that it really does bother you. Act or learn to shrug it off like if it was a childish thing to do and that it doesn't bother you at all and they will most likely stop faster than any other way.

Thing is, if they stop bothering you then they'll simply pick a funnier/easier target. Such is the life of a bully... There is hardly any hope for them.
Old 17-01-2009, 04:59 AM   #28
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I agree with EoF, and besides, you're better than them Ian so there's no need to bring yourself down to their level by reacting.

"The best revenge is living well"
Old 17-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #29
red_avatar
Administrator

My experience with bullying:

- ignoring doesn't always work. I tried that and it never stopped. And ignoring physical harm is not that easy. When you're the easiest target, they'll bully you whether you visually let it bother you or not and since we aren't machines, it's not as easy as you make it sound. When you find your lunch thrown all over the school yard or when they steal expensive stuff of yours - can you just go "ah they can keep it"? Of course not.

- it won't stop until you no longer seem like the underdog. Behaving differently can get them off your back but even then, some people are picked for the way they look so for them it's harder since they can't change their looks

I got the bullying to stop when I suddenly put my foot down and said "enough is enough". I dragged one of the guys who tried to kick me around the school yard until there was a hole the size of my fist in his jeans. Everyone watched, everyone laughed at the bully. Guess what? After that NO-ONE bullied me anymore.

So to say striking back won't solve it - that's not true. It may not work in all situations but you have to show make a show of strength. You can't be considered a weakling if you don't behave like one.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 17-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #30
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

That's what I meant by "becoming a bully yourself" Red_Avatar.

It will work, but it's up to Ian to decide. I'd never do something like that if it was up to me.