Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:52 AM   #21
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Permission given.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 04-03-2005, 07:50 AM   #22
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kon-Tiki@Mar 4 2005, 07:30 AM
If the meaning of a sentence's not obvious, it gives more reason to change it so it makes sense. Also, as an updater, I don't feel the urge to see the grammar forum. I don't see why we should, as we're a completely different group and would just make work harder for the grammar squad.
Agreed, that in cases, where the meaning isn't clear, the sentance should be changed. But it should be changed to give the meaning the reviewer wanted to give.

@Tiki and Tai:
I have no need to see that forum, but Beef and I already started doing this (he corrected reviews - I edited them on the main site).
I'm just saying that there's no sence in correcting anything, if there will be no change... So either the grammar team should be able to edit the reviews, or people who can edit the reviews should be able to see the work of the grammar team. Otherwise the reviews would stay the same and the work would be in vain.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #23
taikara
Abandonia Homie

The edited reviews will be updated on the site, we have already arranged it.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 04-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #24
Kon-Tiki
[BANNED]

Who says they don't have access to just the reviews? I still prefer it that we as updaters can focus on quality updates. Getting another task pushed upon our shoulders'd make both way heavier. You know well enough that some updates take several hours. Imagine having to spend several more on correcting grammar in reviews. You'd have no time left for anything else anymore. It's just more efficient to have the updaters do the updates and the grammar group take care of the grammar. Divide and conquer
Kon-Tiki is offline                         Send a private message to Kon-Tiki
Old 04-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

If they have the acces (I didn't know that until now) then that's k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 04-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #26
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Up til now I've corrected just about every review that I've updated, so I know it does add a lot of time to updating. I'm glad I can leave that to the grammer busters from now on
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 04-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #27
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

I join.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 04-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #28
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'd quite like to join the grammar group, I was meaning to start something like this for a while but I've never got round to it (too busy)
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 04-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #29
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by R Havell@Mar 4 2005, 05:55 PM
I'd quite like to jion the grammar group, I was meaning to start something like this for a while but I've never got round to it (too busy)
you certainly have the signature for it!

we're probably ok for now. I might see about adding one or two people if we decide more progress is needed. we'd have to redistribute the reviews though (we've divided them up between us).
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 04-03-2005, 07:54 PM   #30
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BeefontheBone+Mar 4 2005, 07:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BeefontheBone @ Mar 4 2005, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-R Havell@Mar 4 2005, 05:55 PM
I'd quite like to jion the grammar group, I was meaning to start something like this for a while but I've never got round to it (too busy)
you certainly have the signature for it!

we're probably ok for now. I might see about adding one or two people if we decide more progress is needed. we'd have to redistribute the reviews though (we've divided them up between us). [/b][/quote]
I can help too if u need it
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Closed Thread