Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #11
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I don't think that would be wise. The real problem for those "newbies" is not that they happen to see a page on which the download don't work, the real prloblem is that whatever we do those "newbies" will think or feel that we have been wasting their time from the fist time they realised that they could download their favorite game from our site.

Most netizens who are surfing the net don't care about something as "stupid" as the law and the ESA, or if they could even buy the game first of all. All that they care is to find what they want as fast as possible. That's my way of seeing this anyways: people coming to this site and realising we been denying them the opportunity to download the game they want feel anger and disapointment, and that's the primary reason we keep having posts about angry users wanting such and such games and complaints against the ESA.

Button, no button, whatever... It changes very little in the whole problem IMHO.
Old 29-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I tend to agree with Eagle. Trying to explain the "logic" between thinking of "newbies" is useless, because there is none. You'd be amazed at some of the reasonings I've encountered over the years.

The only thing that MIGHT help would be a BIG RED NOTICE (before a game page is actually opened) saying "THIS GAME CAN'T BE DOWNLOADED, CLICK HERE IF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT AND WANT TO PROCEED".

However, this would be quite an annoyance for the other people that actually take the time to click on the "No go" button and read the explanation that lies on the subsequent page... So, basically, I think there is no cure :P

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 29-05-2006, 02:03 AM   #13
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kosta @ May 29 2006, 12:07 AM) [snapback]232865[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So, basically, I think there is no cure :P
[/b]
Well, I'm not looking for a cure, just a treatment. I know there is nothing that will stop the unsolicited requests for downloading undownloadable games entirely. Nothing is totally <strike>idiot</strike> newb proof. But maybe a little change (even changing the text as suggested) would help some.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 29-05-2006, 06:32 AM   #14
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Cor all of this is exactly what I said in, what was it... the first post. All of you just repeated what i said, except in a, um, different way. Am i the only person here that reads my posts?
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 29-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #15
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Heh. Let me explain to you Blackhole.

You see, this is, like, a conversation. People come in and say what they think about it. And, y'know, people who think like you are kind of agreeing with you. So everyone voice their oppinion like that and then, when we got thru the discussion completely, it slowly disapear under the void of the other threads...

(This is a joke, in case you don't get it. :bleh: )
Old 29-05-2006, 09:31 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Aparently 5thhorseman doesn't mind telling every "why can't I download this game" post with a "It's ESA protected you dumb spit,[/b]

Oi! Did I really use these words? I remember using "idiot", "fool", "dumbass" and "ignorant", but not "dumb spit"... I must have been really drunk or forgot my medication...

I like your proposal for the No-Go button, BTW

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Alright, seeing that everyone thinks it would help, it can't hurt to try! I hope guesst won't be offended if we make a little rework of the button while keeping the original idea, after all, I have to run everything through the designer to get his blessing

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta
Old 29-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #18
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ May 29 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]232886[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heh. Let me explain to you Blackhole.

You see, this is, like, a conversation. People come in and say what they think about it. And, y'know, people who think like you are kind of agreeing with you. So everyone voice their oppinion like that and then, when we got thru the discussion completely, it slowly disapear under the void of the other threads...

(This is a joke, in case you don't get it. :bleh: )
[/b]
Yessir I was feeling a bit angry at the time anyways, but its ok now. Singing practice always calms me down. i dont really care i guess, but it just seemed funny everyone just said the same thing...
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 29-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #19
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Singing practice always calms me down.[/b]
Same here. Except screaming to the lyrics of "Hail and Kill" isn't exactly singing practice... :P

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #20
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

I'll look into a button asap. I'll also work on a notice which can be put in the game listing. That way people can directly see something is not downloadable.
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel
Closed Thread