Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-12-2019, 06:04 PM   #671
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question

Fortunately, the Quiz System rarely shows the previous day’s Quiz answer incorrectly... That’s what happened on 11/06/2019 and also on 12/12/2019.

Well, anyway, even if the System incorrectly shows the Quiz answer, but you still earn your precious PoE, I think that’s what matters... Right?
Old 14-12-2019, 11:41 PM   #672
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

There's an issue with the quiz with the child and the Stop sign screenshot; I wanted to make a pun, but it would involve part of the answer. The quiz also resets if you click 'back' then navigate back to the home page. The answer isn't coming up when typed either, missing three letters standing for an abbreviation.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 15-12-2019, 02:08 PM   #673
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondfist View Post

There's an issue with the quiz with the child and the Stop sign screenshot; I wanted to make a pun, but it would involve part of the answer. The quiz also resets if you click 'back' then navigate back to the home page. The answer isn't coming up when typed either, missing three letters standing for an abbreviation.
Very interesting! If I remember about this, I can try this the next time the Screenshot from this game appears again!

When?

Quote:

EDIT:

PS: I think I know what the pun you wanted to make...

I can post the pun or yourself after the next Quiz starts!

Last edited by Mystvan; 15-12-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 15-12-2019, 11:14 PM   #674
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

There's an issue with the quiz with the child and the Stop sign screenshot; I wanted to make a pun, but it would involve part of the answer.
I believe the pun you would like to have made would be Quiz “messed-up” something, right?
Old 17-12-2019, 12:38 AM   #675
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
I believe the pun you would like to have made would be Quiz “messed-up” something, right?
Nope, my pun was "There seems to be a 'Mix-Up' with the quiz". My puns aren't quite that subtle, and it was literally part of the answer.

Quote:
Very interesting! If I remember about this, I can try this the next time the Screenshot from this game appears again!

When?
This technique seems to (sometimes) work only when the quiz has an 'owie'. I try it every time it does happen, which thankfully isn't a lot; I really love the quiz.
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 17-12-2019, 08:50 PM   #676
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:

Nope, my pun was "There seems to be a 'Mix-Up' with the quiz". My puns aren't quite that subtle, and it was literally part of the answer.

This technique seems to (sometimes) work only when the quiz has an 'owie'. I try it every time it does happen, which thankfully isn't a lot; I really love the quiz.
Thanks for the additional info.

It just piques curiosity about the possibilities of our beloved Abandonia Daily Screenchot Quiz!
Old 31-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #677
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Ugh... Looks like the last Quiz of 2019 (Yesterday) was a complete fiasco...

Because, in that case, you would depend on luck and not your knowledge... You only have a 50% chance of getting the right answer... Well... Better luck next time, I guess... *shrug*
Old 01-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #678
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Ugh... Looks like the last Quiz of 2019 (Yesterday) was a complete fiasco...

Because, in that case, you would depend on luck and not your knowledge... You only have a 50% chance of getting the right answer... Well... Better luck next time, I guess... *shrug*
I brought that up the last time this came up, and was promptly chided. I happened to guess correctly this time, but beforehand, brought up two tabs to temporarily study each one to see if there were ANY differences, and they are identical. The people hosting the site are great folks, and I don't mean to complain, but an alternate screenshot for one of them would be nice (or maybe this is done just to torment us). It's OK, I'm a fan of the site and the quiz. 😁🥓
Old 02-01-2020, 10:16 PM   #679
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

I brought that up the last time this came up, and was promptly chided. I happened to guess correctly this time, but beforehand, brought up two tabs to temporarily study each one to see if there were ANY differences, and they are identical. The people hosting the site are great folks, and I don't mean to complain, but an alternate screenshot for one of them would be nice (or maybe this is done just to torment us). It's OK, I'm a fan of the site and the quiz. 😁🥓
Yes, I agree with you... I would like you to answer correctly the Quiz based on your skills such as knowledge, deduction, memory, etc. than in luck... Although they say that luck is also a skill... *sigh* *shrug*

I have good and bad news:

• The bad news is that there are more identical Screenshots...
• The good news is that there are only 2 x 2 (=4) Screenshots that are identical. That means you only have a 50% chance of getting the correct Quiz answer in just 04 Screenshots out of thousands... Unless there are more identical Screenshots that I am not aware of...

While the other Screenshots are similar but not identical. It would be something like the Seven Errors Game. You just need to identify the subtle differences of certain Screenshots.

Seven Errors Game
Old 14-02-2020, 12:12 AM   #680
kemo
Game freak

Well, today's reports back incorrect. I'll be curious to know what the "right" answer is.
kemo is offline                         Send a private message to kemo