Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #331
Kunze

i get an file error when i start the game

Quote:
src\loadsave.cpp(501): File error #11 loading save file header

Old 20-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #332
GnRNoD

I am pretty sure you have said this al ready but i didnt want to read the 23 pages
i am about to win the game, i had have a problem though , the graphics sucks and the sound sucks more eny one know what should i place to see the game ok and hear the sounds good also, the lines are so funny that it rages me to not be able to listen them fine, for ex, just about an hour ago i touched the jason masc and machete and i here DIE DIE DIE... and it ruled i also so freddy crugers sweater and hat in the hospital level, the shining level "heres jhony!" ruled and the frases caleb says in the begining of the maps and killing the bosses are unhearable for me.
GnRNoD is offline                         Send a private message to GnRNoD
Old 20-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #333
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm afraid that this is how the graphics and sound were in the original, mate.

+EDIT+ This patch here supposedly adds support for higher resolutions, but thats as far as you get.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 20-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #334
GnRNoD

0k it? me again i started to play after posting and i was stuck before but i havent tried enything, now im still stucked im in the last episode i dont know lvl n but its one with a lot of magma androky trails and some structures where there are bearly some places to get in trhough i need the skeleton key .
eny help plis?
Old 20-04-2006, 01:08 PM   #335
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian

hmmm i played Blood last year 3 times and i know that level it tooked me 30 min to find a way out :eeeeeh: and i still don't know where is that blasted key you got to search everywhere you can or try using cheats :evil:
Old 20-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #336
GnRNoD

i dont use cheats even if i get stucked , the location of the key will help me out very much, i searched 99% of the map, because if i would have serch 100% i would finded it now givve me the 1% , or the wallhack cheat.
Old 20-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #337
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Tried checking Gamefaqs.com?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #338
Ashra

I have tried to get Blood running on XP. Nothing works. Tried all tips that can be found on the net with 3 different Blood versions.
Then I got the idea to downoad the blood shareware version and after a little VDMSound tweaking it finally started. Even in HiRes mode. I had to disable 'basic VESA support' in the VDMS options, since Ken Silverman's nolfb.com seems to be used for that. Also Soundblaster 16, as described at buildxp.deathmask.net, did not work and I had to use Sound Blaster 2.0 instead. Now I am happy to get to play at least the first episode.

I often read that people find the game to be incredibly hard. First of all, don't set the difficulty higher than 'Lightly Broiled' unless you know the game inside out. I don't know if it is even playable at the higher modes.
You often have to play hide and seek. You will die very quickly when you just run into the action.
It is also very important to reconfigure the controls and use mouse look.

This game is my all time favourite. To most people it looks totally dated, but I still like the unique graphics since the developers did an awesome job with the design, not to mention the great sound.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #339
Nero

Can anyone tell me a way to fix the blood i downloaded from this site? I load it up normally and it shows the blood sign, then crashes. When i load it with the VDM sound it says somethingwrong with the sounds.ccp <playback failed>

I love this game i used to play it when i was 4 years old. Any ideas how to fix this?

Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 AM   #340
Slowie

Howdy!

I have a question about sound in this REALLY fantastic game: the thing is, I have a soundcard integrated on my motherboard and I can't get it work properly with old DOS games. How can I solve that problem? Anyone? Thanks. :bye: