Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #301
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Relax, you strange Finn you. Your English is perfectly adequate for carrying a forum conversation.

(Besides, most of the folks here aren't native speakers anyway.)
Old 22-12-2005, 04:35 AM   #302
Barts_706

Hi guys,

This is one of my favourite games ever. I actually own full-blown original with Plasma Pack and Cryptic Passage add-ons (yea, I'm a Blood freak).

I did not read all the pages of this thread (gave up around tenth), so I dunno if someone mentioned it here before or not, but probably not. So...

There is a dude, Mark McWane, who actually made remix of Blood music. But it is not some simple synthetiser remix, but really good job that enhances the music, but does not take away the ambiance. Highly recommended!

http://markmcwane.com/music-blood.html

Good luck!

Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #303

De los ,mejores Juegos excelente.. recomendado

Old 05-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #304
HighProtein
[BANNED]

I wish I would have played this game inbetween doom and quake.
It would have been real fun then like Duke was.
I saw it in a store once with a free mouse pad that had blood in it k:
HighProtein is offline                         Send a private message to HighProtein
Old 06-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #305
Yobor
Hero Gamer

Is it just me, or is the hardest difficulty impossible? I can barely kill one thing, it has so many hitpoints. I even throw dynamite at it and it lives.
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor
Old 09-01-2006, 11:50 AM   #306
a15drian
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to a15drian

Just don't try the hardest it is imposible yes i tryed it too it is so hard just don't try it you need cheats for that
Old 09-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #307
Morris

Even today, Blood is still my favorite videogame, hands down. Despite all the "innovative" featrues that newer FPSes flaunt, and all the old and new adventure games and rpgs with deep philosophical undertones, and thought provoking puzzle games, I still say that Blood easily remains my all time favorite.
That said, I think it's only fair that I mention the HotU d/l includes both expansion packs. And even more, HotU also has Blood 2, which is the only game that compares to Blood. I almost want to say Blood 2 is better, but the full 3D just lacks that great 2.5d rush and atmosphere.
Anyhow, I think it's appropriate to thank you dearly for making this great game available to general public.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:30 PM   #308
punch999
The true Shadow President

No problem we are just doing are job.
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #309
Miz

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Oct 15 2005, 09:07 PM
ok. I´ve been trying now for 7 hours. I´ve read everything. I´ve tried everything. But nothing works.
If I use the underdogs version, the archive seems to be broken and gives a cryptic error message.
(X#=0D, CS=01AF IP=000014DF.NTVDM-CPU) This happens with cmd and VDM.
If I try the abandonia version there are many nice options to get the game not working:
1. If I just klick the exe, a black prompt pops up and closes again. (What did i suspect?!)
2. If I use VDM...same thing (ok, the prompt stays, but saying nothing)
3. If I use DosBox it runs, but is very slow (with or without sound).
4. If I try the suggested *.bat file (with the renamed Dos32a.exe, nolfb & clinop(here could be the mistake, i´m not sure if i´m doing this right, just extracting the "bin" archive into the blood folder and then adding the command to the *.bat?) ) it says "0 occurences".
5. If I try the same thing without clinop under XP, a prompt opens, there´s a beep and it closes again. With VDM, there´s a huge error messagse (looking like the good old Blue Screen of Death, but in Black)
6. Some of the last errors seem to be connected to the new dos4gw. (if I replace it with the original, the errors mentioned further above ocurre again )
7. If I try to run setup.exe with VDM it says "Spawn Error=0"

Does anyone have an idea what to do and where to begin?
I'm in pretty much the same boat you are.
As for the Underdogs version, it is compressed in UHARC 0.2 . Don't ask me why, because it was compressed in 2001, and makes about 5 megs difference from a rar, but I guess it adds 1337 brownie points. Especially because no version of UHARC is backwards compatible with older versions (since it's compressed with 0.2, it has to be extracted with 0.2, which became outdated in, like, 97 I think). So you need to cancel out of the annoying auto-install, and try to save the "blood.uha" file. You can delete "unpack.bat". Open the "uharc.exe" with DOSbox. Type "uharc x blood.uha", and set the dosbox cycles up really high because UHARC 0.2 takes about an hour to extract 25 megs.
Now, my only problem is that I actually used to be able to run Blood fine with the "BuildXP" set up and dos32a. Then one day, it just stopped working. At that point in time, I didn't have much time to deal with it, so I just deleted it. After a reformat, I found myself missing the Blood experience, and it's playing like I never deleted it. I d/led the version here at Abandonia to make sure it wasn't just the OUWB version, and same problem. DOSBox, it runs choppy as hell, but includes the music and everything. Anything else though, it goes to a blank black screen and closes out.
Any ideas?

Old 10-01-2006, 12:56 AM   #310
Yobor
Hero Gamer

What kind of machine are you running?
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor