Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-06-2005, 12:39 AM   #121
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik+Jun 15 2005, 08:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tom Henrik @ Jun 15 2005, 08:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by red_avatar@Jun 15 2005, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jun 15 2005, 03:03 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-mixand
Quote:
Quote:
@Jun 15 2005, 08:43 AM
:ranting:* I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!1* :ranting:

Buy it, then.

Didn't you read what I said? Finding it is very hard online unless you can find a place where you can get it at a decent price?
She DID read what you said. You never said anything about not finding the game for a reasonable price. [/b][/quote]
Well I thought it was kinda implied - I doubt anyone who isn't a collector would pay $30+ for a 15 year old game. And only US sellers have QfG1 and I refuse to buy from them - P&P is easily 3,4 times the cost of the game itself because of outrageous prices. If I can mail a game to the USA for $6, why would it cost them $25+? So, since not everyone is American, my point still remains: Quest For Glory is hard to find this way. Trust me, I've looked for the anthology (and they're selling for $60+ on Ebay).

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 16-06-2005, 12:48 AM   #122
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jun 15 2005, 07:24 PM
Well, what about this item on ebay, for example? That's a reasonable price, isn't it? And he claims he'll ship the game worldwide. Depending on where you live you might still have to pay more for shipping than for the actual game, but if you're really that desperate to get it, you might consider it anyway: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8198767040&rd=1
That's the thing though, I just want to play it, I don't want to pay more than I would pay for a new game, that's insane. I'm not that desperate, I'm just annoyed that Vivendi would want to protect their old games yet don't make them available. If I could get the Anthology (1->4) for say $30 including P&P, I'd go for it immediately, and that's about what it's worth (QfG5 is being sold for $5 here for god's sake so why ask more for the previous ones) but the games are so rare they sell for loads on eBay.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 16-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #123
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I'm sorry, but in that case it's clearly your problem and has nothing to do with ESA. Mind you, I wouldn't pay $30 for a game either. Still, the game in the link I gave you sold for 3.99, and you can't really call that "loads". As far as I can tell, collections tend to be more expensive than individual games, though (at least it's like that with the Space Quest series). But it's up to you, of course.
Good luck in your quest for the Quest for Glory games, then.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 16-06-2005, 06:54 PM   #124
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I may be stupid but I don't want to be adorably stupid

I have almost all Sierra and other games...but missed out on QFG V Dragon Fire due a bad phase I was going through. Both eBay and Amazon have it but at exorbitant prices...$45 + $20 for mailing...I would love have it but not at price when I multiply a $ by 50...a retired person like me has to think ten times before spending that kind money...stupid :eeeeeh:

If ESA is so keen on protecting the so called rights of Vivandi and others why on earth can't they ask them to make more. And by the way most of the games available on eBay or Amazon are being resold, doesn't than an infringement of 'copy-rights'?

Disgusting! :not_ok:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 16-06-2005, 08:12 PM   #125
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand Dad@Jun 16 2005, 06:54 PM
And by the way most of the games available on eBay or Amazon are being resold, doesn't than an infringement of 'copy-rights'?

Disgusting! :not_ok:
Not really. I mean selling secondhand books isn't illegal either, is it?

And by the way, my sig is a quote from Daniel Deronda. It was either that or a quote from What Maisie Knew: "I'm good and I'm clever. What more do you want?" But that would have sounded too much like boasting...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 01-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #126
Mabelle

I thought QG5 was the best of the series. It's worth the money. It's a huge game that will keep you occupied for days.. weeks even. It'll be the best money you ever spent.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #127
red_avatar
Administrator

Well if people have paypal, and the shop I bought it still sells it for that money, I'm willing to sell QFG5 for like $10+P&P (which should be $10 extra) so $20 or so?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:38 AM   #128
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabelle@Jul 1 2005, 12:18 PM
I thought QG5 was the best of the series. It's worth the money. It's a huge game that will keep you occupied for days.. weeks even. It'll be the best money you ever spent.
When I played QfG5 back then, it was during holidays. One play was around 3 days (around 7 hours per day) for me. In total I played 3 times (as wizard, paladin, and thief), so overall I spent around 9 days
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 12-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #129
kris_p

Hey there! (total newbie here...haha...)

Was referred to this site by a friend...Great site by the way!

Anyway, my first QFG game was QFG4, when I was a kid, around 1996?!?
Got totally hooked, and just found about this site...Unfortunately, found out the file was ESA protected...Aargh...

Fortunately, my brother had a copy of QFG 4 lying around, so..Oh yeah!!
Haha..but unfortunately he lost the manual and without it, I can't play...
(the game asks for one of the alchemical formulas..you know pizza+pizza+earth+fire...etc..)

anybody got a copy of the manual lying around?

Thanks and more power to you guys!
kris_p is offline                         Send a private message to kris_p
Old 12-07-2005, 10:36 AM   #130
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Would this be of any help to you? http://www.geocities.com/qfgs/qfg4/info/cranium.html