Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 26-01-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 27-06-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Thumbs up

How are you supposed to get past the first level? I read somewhere that, in the C-64 version, you have to jump through one of the waterfalls at the end. How is this possible?

Old 01-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #3
Tito
Alley Cat

This game is almost impossible, I remember that even with a cheat that enabled infinite lifes, you could enter a loop that would keep you dying eternally.

By the way, that cheat consists on pressing all the keys that make the word OPERA at the same time.
Old 17-08-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jun 27 2007, 09:39 PM) [snapback]296753[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
How are you supposed to get past the first level? I read somewhere that, in the C-64 version, you have to jump through one of the waterfalls at the end. How is this possible?
[/b]
I honestly don't remember. I do remember that you had to pick 5 items before advancing further. I'll check it, but it won't be soon.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
laughs and smiles

I can't even play it! I downloaded DOSBox but when I try to execute the file it says that there is some sort of difficulty with the screen or sth?
laughs and smiles is offline                         Send a private message to laughs and smiles
Old 11-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

DOSBox is not like a driver. It doesn't launch itself automatically when you try to run a dosgame.
You sould read the beginner's guide to DOSBox, it will explain how to use the emulator.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
jfritzyb
Cool Helpful information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romano View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
It took me a bit, but I figured the controls (and a few other things out)...

Left/Right=O/P
Jump (up)/down (duck)=Q/A

(If you are technologically saavy, you can hack the data files and change what the controls are)

Inventory (numeric keys for selecting each item too):
1. Boomerang
2. Knife
3. Bomb
4. Bending pole (for flying higher in the air)

(The longer you hold down on the SPACEBAR, the farther the throw (or the higher you go!)

If you get stuck in those caves with the eyes in 'em, pull out the flexible pole, hold that SPACEBAR down, and you'll go flying towards the switch and activate it--other times, there may be a crevice beside the switch that you have to fling yourself into. If you do, slowly turn around and use your boomerang to flip the switch.

You will then be free!