Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #1
Lee

I'm having trouble running the Millennium Edition World of Xeen on XP. I adjusted it to Windows 95 in compatibility mode, and it didn't work. I tried using DosBox, but after putting in a "mount e e:\ -t cdrom" and trying to run it, it says "You have a music CD loaded! Please insert a World of Xeen CD-rom!" Of course, the cd-rom is in there. What am I doing wrong?

Old 22-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

When using MOUNT command in DOSBox, try low-level support triggers. They're explained in the readme.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 02-07-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
blackdragonette

I have the same problem. It won't let me install with the windows installer because I don't have win 95 or 98. I snooped around and installed it with dos on the world of xeen disk. And I have, "its a music cd" problem whenever I try to start the game. Is there a way to just copy the files I need into the directory? I can mount the cd just fine, and it would let me install with the dos installer, but it's not installing the game files to the disk drive. I can access the D drive from dos, but the game still says "it's a music cd". I tried all the cd's and same thing. I think the world of xeen files are on the first cd but I'm not sure what to do to get it to extract and run without the windows installer.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

It is possible to create an image of your disk and then mount that image as your CDrom in DOSBox.

It is also possible to copy all the files of your disk, like you said, and mount the repertory containing all those files as D:. The game should not see the difference.

If the problem still persist after those two steps, it is likely that the problem originate from the game itself...
Old 02-07-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
Godz

I have a different problem, I can't get the two games to link up to create the World of Xeen game!
Godz is offline                         Send a private message to Godz
Old 03-07-2006, 04:56 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Then the correct procedure would be for you to open a new thread and try to explain to us what exactly is going wrong, and what exactly you tryied already. You need to help us help you.

If it's a brand new problem with a different person, then the problem deserve a brand new thread.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #7
Godz

QUOTE(Eagle of Fire @ Jul 3 2006, 04:56 AM) [snapback]241138[/snapback]
Quote:
Then the correct procedure would be for you to open a new thread and try to explain to us what exactly is going wrong, and what exactly you tryied already. You need to help us help you.

If it's a brand new problem with a different person, then the problem deserve a brand new thread.
[/b]
Sorry, I thought this thread was for ALL technical problems with this game. But, I've figured it out on my own anyway. Thanks for the advice, though!
Godz is offline                         Send a private message to Godz